PDA

View Full Version : Paxil Worries

JasonDI64
11-23-2008, 05:34 PM
I've been taking Paxil for 5 days and I feel really tense and the skin on my back and kneck is burning, and I feel a little out of it. But what worries me the most is I read about the terrible withdraw and that even if you don't stop taking the Paxil that eventually it poops out and you go through withdraw anyways. I feel like taking Paxil may be a mistake do you guys think I should keep taking it?

xrumer
11-24-2008, 08:00 PM
I went on Paxil almost 2 yrs ago... I was on it for one year and then got off because i felt great again. I know what you are going through the first week is hell get through it so that your body can get use to the changes and you will feel normal again. I think thats what we all want.

I just went back on Paxil 2 days ago im going back through the crappy start I have even been through it before but because i'm a person with anxiety i still have to ask others for advice or check if something is normal.

Try to stay calm through it and it will be brighter on the other side.

JasonDI64
11-25-2008, 10:18 PM
Thanks a lot you're completely right I'm definitely one of those people who need to be on some kind of medication and I know Paxil will work. I'm happy to report I am still taking it and I'm feeling better now, at least from the side effects that is obviously it hasn't kicked in yet.

sluzi26
02-02-2009, 07:01 PM
You have about 3 or 4 weeks of initial "getting used to" the pill but outside of that you're gonna be fine.

This medication got me out of a failing funk.

fernandogress
07-17-2009, 05:24 AM
I would suggest that you ask your doctor for help in changing to another SSRI, and I suggest that you or any woman who may become pregnant avoid using Paxil at all. If the medications alone are not doing all that you want, ask for a referral to a therapist who specializes in anxiety disorders. It's important to learn that the symptoms of an anxiety disorder are benign and not life threatening. There are many different relaxation techniques that can help you reduce many of the symptoms as well.