PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Work Anxiety

Laggard
12-30-2017, 10:22 PM
Howdy. I've had generalized anxiety for many years now with some OCD mixed in. Usually with nothing serious going on in my life it lands on work. Weekends are often ruined as I am unable to quit worrying about what I may have done wrong on Friday. I sometimes go in on the weekends just to make sure i didn't screw something up and ease my anxieties. I do everything I can before leaving on Fridays to make sure I've covered everything but come Saturday morning I'm doubting myself again.

Anyone else have this issue. How do you deal?

Thanks

Stephane1974
12-31-2017, 05:21 AM
The issue is about rumination and feeling guilty. Theses are mainly obsessions. It can be linked with OCD. Maybe you need to distract yourself with some activities during the weekend.

jon mike
01-01-2018, 02:30 PM
Howdy. I've had generalized anxiety for many years now with some OCD mixed in. Usually with nothing serious going on in my life it lands on work. Weekends are often ruined as I am unable to quit worrying about what I may have done wrong on Friday. I sometimes go in on the weekends just to make sure i didn't screw something up and ease my anxieties. I do everything I can before leaving on Fridays to make sure I've covered everything but come Saturday morning I'm doubting myself again.

Anyone else have this issue. How do you deal?

Thanks

hi, have you ever tried mindfulness? staying in the moment is a thing that anyone can practice, you can basically practice not worrying.
I used to be the same, worrying over everything, rumination, not of me... get in the moment. its a gift

Anne1221
01-02-2018, 07:50 PM
A really good therapist can help you.

Scott1951
01-07-2018, 02:53 PM
Hi,

I used to get very anxious Sunday evening thinking about starting the work week the next day. I was always afraid that this would be the week when others would find out just how incompetent I was. Each Sunday night I would get into bed and listen to relaxing music until I could fall asleep. This seemed to help. I am retired now and looking back on those day I am pretty sure that I was one of the top performers in my office. My anxiety saw to it that I worked a lot harder than others, many of whom seemed to care very little about the quality of their performance. My guess is that you are doing a good job, too, but that it is your OCD and anxiety that is telling you otherwise. I wish for you that you could find a way to trust yourself and talk back to those negative feelings. Best of luck to you.