PDA

View Full Version : PC use induced anxiety symptoms?

Avaljez
12-28-2017, 05:44 AM
Hi

Has anyone here ever experienced a worsening of their anxiety symptoms after using a PC, tablet, smartphone?

Whenever I use and stare at a PC, tablet, smartphone screen for over half an hour, I notice that my anxiety symptoms immediately worsen. I feel feelings of dredd, restless shaky, irritable and overly sensitive to any discomfort. Sometimes it gets so bad, I can't eat. These symptoms last the remainder of the day and the next day they are much less pronounced, but remain. But they always come back worse after staring at a PC screen. I originally intended to study accounting, but had to reconsider as this job entails staring at a PC screen for hours each day.

Recently took a break living on a family farm. No tv, no PC or tablet use for over 7 weeks. During this time my anxiety symptoms completely disappeared. First time I was anxiety free since the age of 8, I am 32 now. I don't get any symptoms reading a book.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Thanks

Adam

*Edit*

I notice that if I exercise vigorously before I use my PC, my symptoms are more mild than if I did not exercise

Anne1221
12-28-2017, 09:15 PM
I've never heard of this before, but I have heard of people having anxiety when they are not near their phones, or if they don't check their facebook messages and things like that. Maybe you're meant for the great outdoors...

Avaljez
12-29-2017, 05:18 AM
I've never heard of this before, but I have heard of people having anxiety when they are not near their phones, or if they don't check their facebook messages and things like that. Maybe you're meant for the great outdoors...

Thanks for your reply

My doctor also has no explanation for this and it's really frustrating that something that is so benign and non issue in others could be causing something like this. I am thinking maybe it's do with the flicker of the screen.

Im-Suffering
12-29-2017, 08:27 AM
I originally intended to study accounting, but had to reconsider as this job entails staring at a PC screen for hours each day.

That's your answer. Reconsider, find what's in your heart.

The computer is not your enemy, in the same way the body is not the enemy of someone with cancer, you understand? The cancer and the PC in your case are highly symbolic, psychologically of a distressed, conflicted, unhappy, even guilty, mind, where the life force is repressed for whatever reasons personal to each individual.

It is the opposite however of what you think. The PC is not the catalyst, the accounting is, the accounting is symbolic too, you see. (among other psychological issues you will have to examine). You don't really want to account, or you do, but negetive self beliefs stand in the way, even so you targeted the PC. There is stress of failure, rejection, criticism, judgement, but from who?

And settle, relax, the PC reactions are symbolic. Find yourself. You may just save your life. Not many do.

Since the computer reactions are symbolic, find the beliefs you hold that conflict with what you really want, and your actions. What you believe about yourself, the world, expectations, value judgements, morality (instilled from your parents early on, or caretakers), in that self examination you will find the restlessness and reasons for the stress. Then it's up to you to change. In the same way someone with cancer goes into remission one he finds the mental reasons that caused it, renewing his life force and energies coming to some form of enlightenment and seeing the errors in his previous thoughts and beliefs.

Good luck on your journey, it ain't easy (to know thyself to be true). But it will be worth it. The worthy endeavor is not the accountant identity or anything other than finding who you are, and being happy with your life inherently, not because of what you do, but who you are being while doing it.

Ponder
12-29-2017, 01:44 PM
I'm not sure about the cancer analogy with regard to children with cancer? The cancer parable is hard enough for people to digest is it's such a big killer these days however I get the gist of it's meaning. We do tend avoid the problems we face by blaming other facets and passing on the responsibility to others such as 'our' so called doctors who they themselves are not trained to deal with core issues.

What you say is so true. Sadly once cancer gets to a certain point, there is no much one can do. For all the wonderful stories of remission and not to take away the power of spirit; the body can only take so much. The sooner we learn the less painful it becomes, but ultimately pain and death eventually come. How we choose to face these challenges I think be key Moreover the fact that we have the power to choose - if we so wish.

Rather we continue to blame and pass the buck. The choice is ours not someone elses.

Don't like staring at a screen ... get up and go for a walk or do something else. Don't want to do that job ... then don't. Hmmm What's this hard spot in the middle of my tongue. Maybe it's tongue cancer OR maybe it's because of all those things that lead the lump? Meh ... easier to call it cancer I guess and go see the doc.

If only it were really that easy. It's not. Is what it is. I'm content being me despite the chance of winding up with cancer ... just as I am happy with others who too already have it.

Did that sound convincing? : }

Good luck with whatever path you choose ... but remember ... you are the one that chooses it. Choose the way you think about it.