PDA

View Full Version : Hello

a709262
12-18-2017, 11:10 AM
Hello, my name is Adam. I have dealt with anxiety as long as I can remember, but never really reached out for help until recently. I don't know the severity of my attacks, but I do lash out at everyone (and do very impuslive, sometimes hurtful things to others) when they happen. When I try to explain my actions to my family, friends, or my wife, they don't seem to understand the way my mind works. I've attempted to contact therapists, but usually end up on a very long waiting list which causes me to give up. Hopefully, talking to like-minded people will open some insight to my behavior, and I can learn a method to improving my actions.

gypsylee
12-19-2017, 01:34 AM
Hi and welcome, Adam :)

The forum is super quiet at the moment but I hope you find some help here.

Gypsy x

Anne1221
12-19-2017, 05:45 PM
I do the same thing when my anxiety gets so out of control, I can't cope. I lash out in anger at others and that is not really me. The only thing that has been helpful for me is medication.

NAJ
12-23-2017, 07:09 AM
Hello Adam and Welcome,

I understand exactly what you are feeling and going through.

Back in the summer I wanted to see if I really needed my meds (Zoloft) so I weened myself of of them which turned out to be a HUGE mistake.
(It is also how I found this site)
I have been back on them for a few month's now and I am back on a even keel.

Even though you have not seen or spoken with a therapist you may want to consult with your family doctor about your anxiety issues.
If $ is an issue as far as scripts, Citalapram (generic Celexa) is on the $4/$10 drug list.

Ponder
12-23-2017, 01:08 PM
Hi Adam ... I too see a LOT of people and DO many things. From a hard and complex perspective my advice to you is that we are ultimately responsible for the way we choose to feel. In short - we have it in ourselves to heal ourselves - if that's what we truly desire and are sick of playing to other peoples tunes. Be careful playing the same tunes as others as we tend to string each other along in our common place labels.

Be yourself ... Be Unique - Don't act like a sheep!

You do what works for you.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM. :)

Stephane1974
12-31-2017, 09:13 AM
Hi Adam...as per my little experience, for all anxiety issues, we need to take the bull by the horns, means we need to confront and try evrything till we find our best way to cope. people are different, so each one is unique and each one has to find what is suitable for him. Goodluck