PDA

View Full Version : Feeling really stupid :s

xxfairybluxx
11-22-2008, 08:30 AM
Does anybody know any good ways to change your negative thoughts to positive ones? I've been beating myself up for so long that I have very little confidence in myself. Im worried about it because im training up to be a teacher. I know I can teach and I love working with kids but now its getting close to the end of my course and I have to get a job i'm freaking out a bit.

I'm really aware of how im coming across to people and im scared of coming across as an idiot or a bit weird. If I say something stupid (which happens quite often :s) I think about it for ages afterwards and it feels like proof im an idiot. I also think back to things i've done in the past and beat myself up about them too. It gives me a headache during the day if I think about it too much and makes my foggy brain even more foggy.

The thing is, when I wake up in the morning I feel myself and focused. Also, if I have a good day or a nice conversation with someone then I feel fine and think that my anxiety is stupid. But if I have a bad day then the negative thoughts start creeping back and drag myself straight back down again.

Last week I was in tears when I got home. I'd constantly been thinking negative thoughts through the whole day. Im sick of trying to explain how I feel to people because they don't get it and keep telling me im being silly. But its like I always have some major issue with myself and if it goes away it soon gets replaced with another one (see prior boyfriend based posts etc :| ). Discussing it with people helps a little, but I know they must think im weird when im telling them about my intrusive thoughts. Then afterwards I wish id kept it to myself.

I just want to feel confident in myself again and stop beating myself up 24/7 but I can't. Can anybody relate??

brittypixi
11-22-2008, 03:01 PM
I TOTALLY understand what ypur saying and it is so draining and stressful. I wish I could offer you some tips because they would help tremendously and I would love some myself.its like a big obsessive crazy mess!

182shaun
11-28-2008, 08:17 AM
Hey im new to all this.. but id been crippled by anxiety for years, im now 22. I know the feeling being in work, watching tv anything these thoughts rush through ur head, and u feel as though u cant concentrate... im a law student and found this awful.
Well i went to councilin and on ant-ds for a few months however took things into my own hands.. im now anxiety free, im sure it wi.ll come bakc again but so what it will also go away again.
I can only tell u how i got to where i am as i have no idea how my intrusive thoughts disapeared.
I started looking at my lifestyle i did no exercise so would go for a run , would go to sleep l8, drink alot, the usual bad habits.
I started going for a run on the beach every night this helped me so much i dont know how but it did, eventually, i seriously suggest this and then stoped drinking for bout 4 mnth, i cn now drink again as im not concerned of anxiety now. but dont go overboard ha. I felt so healthy ive now joined a gym n its so good, take multi vitamins eat plenty of fruit n veg dont drink cofee.... n the stress.. the sweats the negative thoughts have just gone... i dont no how they just have erm a little bit telling myself so what there only thoughts have helped me abit i guess bt i thank everything to the lifestyle changes ive made.
I hope this helps n inspires u to do the same.... n seein as ur a teacher i apologise for my atrocious spelling n grammer n all that x

182shaun
11-28-2008, 08:17 AM
Hey im new to all this.. but id been crippled by anxiety for years, im now 22. I know the feeling being in work, watching tv anything these thoughts rush through ur head, and u feel as though u cant concentrate... im a law student and found this awful.
Well i went to councilin and on ant-ds for a few months however took things into my own hands.. im now anxiety free, im sure it wi.ll come bakc again but so what it will also go away again.
I can only tell u how i got to where i am as i have no idea how my intrusive thoughts disapeared.
I started looking at my lifestyle i did no exercise so would go for a run , would go to sleep l8, drink alot, the usual bad habits.
I started going for a run on the beach every night this helped me so much i dont know how but it did, eventually, i seriously suggest this and then stoped drinking for bout 4 mnth, i cn now drink again as im not concerned of anxiety now. but dont go overboard ha. I felt so healthy ive now joined a gym n its so good, take multi vitamins eat plenty of fruit n veg dont drink cofee.... n the stress.. the sweats the negative thoughts have just gone... i dont no how they just have erm a little bit telling myself so what there only thoughts have helped me abit i guess bt i thank everything to the lifestyle changes ive made.
I hope this helps n inspires u to do the same.... n seein as ur a teacher i apologise for my atrocious spelling n grammer n all that x