PDA

View Full Version : Gagging

Maggie May
11-21-2008, 07:06 PM
Hi,

This is a new topic from an old moderator back here to see if anyone else suffers from this.

Lately when I'm under extreme stress I'll start gagging and/or dry heaving. Everyone says, "Oh, it's just nerves" and dismisses it. Well, I can't dismiss it! It's happened at work. I'm afraid I'll get fired for being crazy or a freak.

Does this happen to anyone else? I do everything I have learned to do: distraction, deep breathing, relaxation exercises, yoga, chamomile tea but then I'm up and running for the bathroom.

This sucks. Tell me I'm not the only one! :)

Maggie

anna_0range
11-24-2008, 12:49 PM
Guess what....YOUR NOT THE ONLY ONE!!

THIS HAPPENS TO ME ALL THE TIME!

Iv'e actually thrown up a tottal of 4 times now! Its like i skip all the other anxiety and just throw up!

You need to read my other posts.

I havent figuered out how to cope with it yet.

:?

northstar
11-25-2008, 07:46 AM
this is an odd one for you and anna! i've never experienced it so i can't give much advice but i did have one thought you might like to look in to. i found a type of therapy called neurolinguistic therapy (NLP) very helpful when i had really bad anxiety. it's supposed to help you break down old thought patterns and replace them with new ones. you might find it helpful to work with the gagging reflex, it's almost like it's happened so many times that now you're expecting it to happen, the NLP might help you to combat that? it might be worth looking into?