PDA

View Full Version : Sleep (thread number 2964)

gypsylee
10-27-2017, 12:36 AM
Hi guys,

I get crazy anxiety sometimes no matter what I do and it seems to come and go as it pleases. I’m 44 now and I just try and accept it ie. it’s just my nervous system playing up and I’m not going insane. It sure feels like I am at the time though.

Anyway, when it strikes I just lie down in a quiet, darkened room and hopefully fall asleep. I find that having a nap can be like “recalibrating” my mind and the anxiety dissipates a bit. Especially if I’m tired but also when I’m not paticularly sleepy. It’s a bit like crying and laughing — one of those inbuilt mechanisms that relieves stress.

I just thought I’d share that in case it helps someone in the grip of anxiety.

Cheers,
Gypsy x

Ponder
10-27-2017, 02:24 AM
Something like this? http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/brown/slumber-smiley-emoticon.png If so, I feel your pain. Sometimes I find giving myself a hug helps ... although the process in not quite as spirited as the following emote ... http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/hug/cute-hug.gif But I do find making the effort to be kind to myself really does help. Self compassion goes a long way to settling frayed nerves. Especially during those times I don't understand why I am feeling so lost and vulnerable.

I do hope this finds you feeling somewhat better gypsy?

Your such an inspiration to this forum. Warmest thoughts go out to you.

gypsylee
10-27-2017, 10:09 PM
Thanks Ponder.. Yeah I’m ok but the anxiety monster is always lurking :rolleyes:

martin05
10-28-2017, 05:12 PM
People can’t live like this. —GypsyLee

What's that quote in your sig about Gyps?

gypsylee
10-28-2017, 09:10 PM
People can’t live like this. —GypsyLee

What's that quote in your sig about Gyps?

People can’t live in this society. I mean, they can but it’s not very nice.

Ponder
10-28-2017, 11:36 PM
The images that get the highest amount of hits do not reflect what's really going on ... that's for sure. Resonated with me when I read it.