PDA

View Full Version : So what is this...

thisismenow
10-26-2017, 09:07 AM
Something quite strange happened to me today that has never happened before.

I went to an electronics store to buy some things, was talking to the seller asking for details etc. and after about 3 minutes all went weird. I turned very warm, got nauseous and felt like I was about to vomit and pass out (all these are symptoms of anxiety?), and I don't remember exactly anymore but my vision got quite strange and I started losing stability and everything just was confusing (dizziness). I quickly bought the things and had to sit for about 5 minutes till I felt OK again.

I wasn't really nervous about it, I didn't really worry about it much till that started happening... I don't think I'm afraid of social interactions or public speech or things like that, I can recall a few times worrying if I had the correct information about location/time when I was going somewhere, but that's it. I was surprised when that started happening in the store, cause I didn't feel nervous at all?

martin05
10-26-2017, 01:43 PM
Hey!

Those are classic symptoms of anxiety. In fact, those are almost identical to the symptoms I first experienced.

You may not have been overly stressed at the time of the attack, but have you been stressed about anything over the last several weeks? Is your body under stress, perhaps through poor diet, lack of sleep, too much caffeine, etc?

If you feel as though the symptoms were unwarranted, it might be worth popping to see your GP. Some conditions like hormonal imbalances or vitamin deficiencies can cause anxiety symptoms.