PDA

View Full Version : Why Anxiety Forum Rocks

gypsylee
10-22-2017, 08:42 PM
I’ve considered this many a time but after this morning’s futile effort online I’m convinced AF is the absolute best place on the net BECAUSE IT HAS NO ADMIN. It’s not connected to bullshit social media like FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM, and need I state the obvious? It’s FREE!

Sure, new people have trouble posting because of some annoying glitch but I tell you — it’s worth persisting! :cool:

Ponder
10-22-2017, 10:01 PM
I have felt pretty much the same way. Although of late I have been confused with the following below?

https://image.ibb.co/e89b5m/FB.jpg

Hmmm ... I was like "Here we *&^%ING GO!"

By the way ... what do you mean by "this morning’s futile effort online..."

Other than the FB logo I now see at the top of Threads ... I like the idea of no admin myself. There are Pro's BUT way too many Cons and I feel the same way about Moderators as well.

gypsylee
10-22-2017, 11:10 PM
Hmmm. I use Safari on my iPad for the forum and I don’t get that FB like thing. I don’t like it though! We have to keep AF safe from the likes of Zuckerberg.

My “futile effort online” involved Instagram and Facebook being LINKED. I wanted to create a page on IG that was completely *separate* from FB and no matter what I did (even created yet another FB account, which makes it about 25 now lol) I couldn’t stop Instagram linking up with my *current* FB page and suggesting people and whatever. I was initially quite excited to make this new account on IG but the link with FB totally killed it. So now Facebook and Instagram are this big conglomerate of evilness which can’t be separated! That’s what got me thinking “thank f@#$ for Anxiety Forum!” :)

Edit: I actually DO have that “like” thing but never noticed it. Get the hell out of here Facebook!!!

Ponder
10-23-2017, 04:37 AM
:) - Yea. YouTube has made changes not so long ago that has frustrated many. They're all invasive in the way they force people to 'connect' and then of course there is the marketing ploy which is really the main purpose of having everything linked up.

The irony with the FB link to each thread in this forum is that if I visit facebook on this browser (chrome) I can no longer load AF up. I have to clear out all my cookies and stay away from FB. I only use FB to stay in touch with families. I load it up on another browser. FB is very TOXIC / Cancerous.

Good luck with achieving your webpage and likewise goals. Wish you all the best for that.

martin05
10-23-2017, 01:19 PM
We have to keep AF safe from the likes of Zuckerberg.

Nothing can save you from Zuck. He sees you when you're sleeping.

gypsylee
10-23-2017, 08:48 PM
Nothing can save you from Zuck. He sees you when you're sleeping.

I don’t sleep. I’m like the girl in The Ring.. On meth ;)

gypsylee
10-23-2017, 09:51 PM
:) - Yea. YouTube has made changes not so long ago that has frustrated many. They're all invasive in the way they force people to 'connect' and then of course there is the marketing ploy which is really the main purpose of having everything linked up.

The irony with the FB link to each thread in this forum is that if I visit facebook on this browser (chrome) I can no longer load AF up. I have to clear out all my cookies and stay away from FB. I only use FB to stay in touch with families. I load it up on another browser. FB is very TOXIC / Cancerous.

Good luck with achieving your webpage and likewise goals. Wish you all the best for that.

They’re taking over the net, Ponder. We have to go underground. Social media is saturated with shit and is over.

Oh and I found out if I don’t keep publishing my webpage (or pay up) it doesn’t stay up! I may have to move it because that’s just ridiculous. This is war.

Anne1221
10-24-2017, 07:19 PM
Gypsy,I am with you on all of this. I find Facebook extremely intrusive. I feel like they just invade my privacy. Who wants to charge you for your webpage???

gypsylee
10-24-2017, 07:30 PM
Gypsy,I am with you on all of this. I find Facebook extremely intrusive. I feel like they just invade my privacy. Who wants to charge you for your webpage???

The app I used wants to charge me. I can’t write code or anything, so used a free app, but then it told me I have to keep publishing or it disappears. I’ll keep publishing for now!

martin05
10-25-2017, 05:09 AM
The app I used wants to charge me. I can’t write code or anything, so used a free app, but then it told me I have to keep publishing or it disappears. I’ll keep publishing for now!

It's like the tech version of that old Keanu Reaves movie, Speed.

If your typing speed drops below 10 words per minute, the site blows up.

Ponder
10-25-2017, 06:58 AM
LOL martin ... LOL @ all you guys. Very light reading. TY :)

Have you tried Wix gypsy? They seem easy enough and give enough freedom with free usage? Although I am sure after like a month or two something will pop up. Thus far I have had not real issues with them.

gypsylee
10-25-2017, 06:28 PM
No I haven’t tried Wix.. Will take a look thanks Ponder.

gypsylee
10-25-2017, 06:29 PM
It's like the tech version of that old Keanu Reaves movie, Speed.

If your typing speed drops below 10 words per minute, the site blows up.

You can call me Neo. Yeah I realise that’s The Matrix but I’m all over that as well ;)

sm3392
11-08-2017, 01:22 PM
Love this community

gypsylee
11-08-2017, 08:22 PM
Glad you like it. It’s been very quiet lately.

MainerMikeBrown
11-11-2017, 12:55 PM
I like AnxietyForum.net too! It's great to connect with others dealing with similar issues. And I love it when people on this forum find some relief and joy.

LoyalDog
11-15-2017, 06:18 PM
How can I make a new post? It told me the mods had to approve but its been a few hours and it has not been approved :(

gypsylee
11-16-2017, 04:37 AM
How can I make a new post? It told me the mods had to approve but its been a few hours and it has not been approved :(

Argh. That’s a glitch new people seem to encounter. There are no mods.. If there are they are very quiet.

supadan323
11-16-2017, 07:10 PM
I am so happy I found this forum as well. It always feels good to talk to people that can sympathize with your issues. As for the post. I had that issue as well. What I did to get around it was; I was able to make simple one sentence posts; after I did that I would go back and edit that post with what I really wanted to say.