PDA

View Full Version : My Webpage

gypsylee
10-10-2017, 07:36 PM
Hi guys,

I’ve been making a webpage as a side project to one I’m making for professional purposes. It’s pretty lame because I can’t code or anything, so I’ve just been using this app (and refusing to upgrade to the “pro” version).

It isn’t finished (and may never be finished lol) but there’s a few things you might be interested in, particularly my story of battles with anxiety.

Here is the URL: https://gypsylee.simdif.com

Cheers,
Gypsy x

Ponder
10-10-2017, 09:44 PM
Very well done! A+++++ I much prefer 'real' sites put up by people I feel are real. It's got more than enough polish gyspy so don't worry about that. But for me ... the most appealing aspect about your personal web page is that it comes across very grounded ... authentic like. Congrats on your sobriety for 2017! That's a huge haul considering we're just about to reach 2018!!! Your story is woven together quite nicely. I can appreciate the complexities your sharing there. Thanks for linking it. Nice photos as well.

Oh yea ... I love your Ideas. :)

gypsylee
10-11-2017, 05:00 AM
Awwww thank you Ponder :D

Anne1221
10-13-2017, 09:29 PM
You are so talented, you're clever and witty and you are a great writer! I hope you will keep it up because you capture a person's attention and then keep it. I was so impressed at how you came up with the idea of the 'beast' that has always been around you. I feel that way too. Great job, keep it up!

gypsylee
10-14-2017, 12:04 PM
Thanks Anne - you’re always supportive of me :) I’ve been working on the page tonight actually.. It’s a good creative outlet.

Anne1221
10-17-2017, 06:22 PM
I like the Pink video! "...fear of things that might never happen." That is the EXACT story of my life!

martin05
10-20-2017, 03:48 PM
This is the first time I've had a proper look at your site. I looked at it my phone, but my phone is pretty crap for internet.

I feel like I've gotten to know you a little bit better.

And yay for the AF shoutout lol!

gypsylee
10-20-2017, 07:08 PM
This is the first time I've had a proper look at your site. I looked at it my phone, but my phone is pretty crap for internet.

I feel like I've gotten to know you a little bit better.

And yay for the AF shoutout lol!

My webpage is awesome. There’s an awesome poem there somewhere too ;)

Ponder
10-28-2017, 05:34 PM
Web page is looking A+++++

I just wanted to let you know in relation to your concerns about the app pop up when people load up the Anxiety Forum Link ... that it loads on my mobile phone without that pop up for me. It's a clean and fast load straight into the forum index. http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/yes/ok-and-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

I was using chrome browser on my phone. I can't speak for others though. Thought you might be interested in feed back was all.

gypsylee
10-28-2017, 10:05 PM
Thanks again Ponder. I think I’ll move the webpage though. I had a look at Wix and it seems fine but I’m overwhelmed!

Ponder
10-28-2017, 11:45 PM
I know what you mean. Your writing has inspired me gypsy. I started checking out some Blog Sites. For me, I am over all the fancy templates and just want a plain background without too much distraction. It is really hard to find anything like that. I decided just to go back to Googles BBlogger app and will mostly delete most of the boxes, links and so on. Anyways ... It's a lot to take in. One step at a time. I really struggle to get any kind of structure together. My thread in here has been about the only consistent thing I have done online.

The blog concept is to help me be a little more polished in my writing or help me to focus more when writing.

Here's to all of us regaining some composure and vitality to complete whatever projects help us keep going.

gypsylee
10-29-2017, 03:02 AM
Well I’m glad I inspired you. It is good to keep a journal and read back over it.

I know exactly what you mean about all the fancy templates!

martin05
10-30-2017, 06:21 PM
Any new posts in the pipeline, Gyp?

Ponder, you could probably build a very simple site/blog using some basic HTML. A day or two of practising it and I bet you'd be able to create a layout you were comfortable with. It's quite fulfilling too, to just create a small site from scratch.

gypsylee
10-30-2017, 08:45 PM
Oh just me rambling, Martin.

In other news, I’ve got a toothache that doesn’t seem to be going away. It’s been ages since I saw the dentist - I used to go all the time (my teeth literally fell apart) and then one visit absolutely traumatised me and I refused to go back. So I’m having quite an anxiety attack over it :(

Anne1221
10-31-2017, 08:04 PM
Gypsy, I hope you will get up the courage to go and get the tooth treated. The worrying about it and dealing with the fear of going is worse than actually being there. I know that's easy for me to say because I'm not afraid of dentists.
Take me to a really high roller coaster and I would be terrified to get on it.