PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety

mlarmer
09-30-2017, 02:20 PM
I am 31 years old I have a 2 yr old and 3 yr old. I suffered postnatal depression for 3 years .I finally got over it then I got my anxiety back again. My husband treats me like a slave he does not work , I have to do everything from cleaning ,cooking take care of the kids. I have no break. it the same thing day in day out. I had been contemplating separating. but he threatens he would have full custody of kids. His family home 4 hours away from where we live know. I'm so fed up. I have pins and needles stinging feeling all time, constantly sying all time. so stressed. I don't know what to do. the kids will be effected . If I stay my life will be hell and if I go I will not see my children every day.

MrsH
09-30-2017, 04:35 PM
Hi mlarmer. I'm sorry you are going through such a rough time. You said your husband doesn't work so how does he plan on getting custody of your kids? I feel he is just trying to scare you into staying. You deserve to be happy and you shouldn't have to do everything alone. I know you can talk to a lawyer and find out whats the best road to take. Do you have family or friends that support you?

gypsylee
09-30-2017, 08:41 PM
Hey there and welcome,

This is why I left my husband when my daughter was 18 months old. I pretty much had a nervous breakdown and took to alcohol (again). My anxiety gets so intense that I can barely function, so I feel like I have no choice but to get out of bad situations. I’ve suffered a LOT because I left but now my daughter is 16 (I’m 44) I’m glad I got out. I can’t even imagine my life if I had stayed with him.. I would be a complete shell of a woman.

The person above has a good point - if your husband doesn’t have a job I doubt he could get full custody of the kids. Even if he did, there has to be a good reason for you NOT getting shared custody.

All the best.. I feel for you because as I say, I was in a similar situation years ago.

Gypsy x