PDA

View Full Version : Paxil

kaialian
11-17-2008, 11:21 AM
I am currently slowing going off paxil with my doc's supervision. I am just wondering if anyone has gone off paxil before and what they experienced?

I am noticing my anxiety is creeping up.

Thanks!

xrumer
11-25-2008, 08:40 AM
Knock on wood and i know some people don't go off easy, but i came off of a year of 20mg pretty painless.

I did 3/4 for 1.5-2weeks
then 1/2 for 1.5-2weeks
then 1/4 for a week
and off... with little to no side effects, but i know i was lucky

JasonDI64
11-25-2008, 10:21 PM
My sister and dad both came off of it without any problems at all. Good luck!

fernandogress
07-17-2009, 05:35 AM
Paxil is an antidepressant in a group of drugs called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRI). It works by restoring the balance of serotonin,a natural substance in the brain, which helps to improve certain mood problems.Paxil is used to treat depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder, anxiety disorders, post-traumatic stress disorder, and premenstrual dysphoric disorder.Do not use this medication without telling your doctor.

maryrose999
03-08-2010, 09:09 PM
Hi!
So I had to stop taking paxil about 6 months ago cause in just stopped working for me and I was already on the highest dose my doctor would prescribe. I know that I'd been on it for around 8 years, and my doctor had me taper off within 2 weeks. Let me tell you... that was NOT a good plan. It felt like I was going through withdraw from meth or something. I had a constant splitting headache, disorientation, panic attacks, general anxiety, dizziness, and I even couldn't keep food down sometimes.

I don't think most people go through as extreme of withdraw as I did, I also partially blaim my doctor, cause you aren't really supposed to wean people off of medicine like that so fast and when I called her and told her that I was having terrible withdraw she pretty much said deal with it... lol needless to say I am in the process of changing doctors.

I think as long as you are backing off really slowly, then you should be fine. I know I will never make the mistake of stopping medicine like paxil within two weeks. Good luck to you!!

EmilyK3383
03-25-2010, 04:19 PM
I just started Paxil a few days ago after a doctor diagnosed me with anxiety. I dont think Ive noticed anything so far, but it probably takes a little while to kick in. Im hoping it helps. I want to be optimistic. But Im reading about many of you stopping taking it. Should I be concerned?