PDA

View Full Version : Dr. wants me to try Paxil. Anyone have any feedback?

adkellstrom
08-22-2017, 04:31 PM
So my Dr wants me to try Paxil because taking two xanax everyday didnt work for my anxiety attacks. I wanted to get some feedback on this med because i have heard great things and also not so great things.

Thanks for your help ;)

Anne1221
08-23-2017, 01:49 AM
Paxil is one of the SSRI antidepressants that is known to work well, but it is also known to cause weight gain, more so than others. I tried it but I like Lexapro better. Still, it did help my anxiety a good bit.

lolfeg123
08-23-2017, 07:31 AM
Hi abkellstrom

I was on Paxil for one day and couldn't take it anymore. I had mood swings, twitchy legs, anxious rapid thoughts, etc... so I stopped taking it very quickly. I felt as though it was a drug from hell.
After about one month of consistent meditating and not taking any drugs, my anxiety slowly slipped away. I would not take it if I was you.
Do you work ? Are you keeping yourself busy during the day ? Doing these things also helps me.
Good luck

adkellstrom
08-23-2017, 08:04 AM
hey lolfeg123 thanks for your feedback. Yes i work and I try to keep myself busy during the day. My anxiety has come back really bad here recently due to some family issues.