PDA

View Full Version : My goodness guys what is the deal?!

letsbeatfear
08-21-2017, 08:18 PM
I tried posting the same post 4 times now and it says "Your post won't be visible until a moderator approves." Guys, what is the deal? I'm trying to get help.

gypsylee
08-21-2017, 08:33 PM
Can we just laugh about this? LOL. I'm having a meltdown over technology and having to constantly verify accounts so this is sort of funny and therapeutic.. Keep trying haha!

gypsylee
08-21-2017, 08:52 PM
Maybe it's some kind of test like in Fight Club, to see who perseveres? :cool:

Liftmeister
08-22-2017, 08:46 AM
Can we just laugh about this? LOL. I'm having a meltdown over technology and having to constantly verify accounts so this is sort of funny and therapeutic.. Keep trying haha!

And you do realize you're saying this to a whole bunch of anxiety stricken, fearful, worrisome, overwhelmed people right? lol

gypsylee
08-22-2017, 07:06 PM
And you do realize you're saying this to a whole bunch of anxiety stricken, fearful, worrisome, overwhelmed people right? lol

Yes I do and I'm the queen of those things, trust me. Sometimes all I can do is laugh :)

Last night I was at the self checkout machine in Kmart and it wouldn't accept my Flybuys card as payment, saying it's expired, despite me being logged onto the account the day before. I lost it and told the machine "you're a piece of shit" in front of the guy working there. Then I gave him a funny smile. That amused me a bit but behind the whole thing I am dying of anxiety and anger. So it's laugh or cry a lot of the time for me.

:)

tlcmppa
09-27-2017, 02:21 PM
Actually, I was trying desperately to reach out to others for some reassurance/help as I was suffering a week-long attack and the same thing happened to me. "Your post has to be approved by a moderator". Guess what... the post never showed up... so any potential help I could have received from others, never happened.

Anne1221
09-27-2017, 08:39 PM
So, how are you doing now, tlcmppa? As usual, I'm worrying about anything and everything but trying my best to cope and deal and move on.

tlcmppa
09-28-2017, 08:50 AM
I'm not doing so hot... still suffering. Had an emotional breakdown yesterday. Was starting to feel okay until just before bed when my heart started to race again and I couldn't sleep last night. I am now at work on the verge of another emotional breakdown.

NAJ
09-29-2017, 05:04 AM
Actually, I was trying desperately to reach out to others for some reassurance/help as I was suffering a week-long attack and the same thing happened to me. "Your post has to be approved by a moderator". Guess what... the post never showed up... so any potential help I could have received from others, never happened.

I went through the same thing, poured my guts out when I was having major issues a few weeks back, said it needed to be "approved by a moderator" and the post has never shown up.

I'm not doing so hot... still suffering. Had an emotional breakdown yesterday. Was starting to feel okay until just before bed when my heart started to race again and I couldn't sleep last night. I am now at work on the verge of another emotional breakdown.

Are you OK???

kcarruthers500
09-29-2017, 06:41 AM
I tried posting the same post 4 times now and it says "Your post won't be visible until a moderator approves." Guys, what is the deal? I'm trying to get help.

I just joined on the recommendation of a friend. She has actually stopped coming to the site because she posted multiple responses over the last week to 10 days and none showed up. She recommended the site not based on her experience but she thought that it would be good for me if I ever got passed the "Your post won't be visible until a moderator approves". Hope I make the cut :) KC

================================================== ===================================

Since this is the only one of my postings visible, I am editing it to see if anyone can tell me why my other posts never make the cut. I just finished a rather long response of support for another member and I have no idea if anyone will ever see it as the posts that I did in the last week have not appeared at all. I think your group really has potential, but this is frustrating to me so this is going to be my last attempt at joining into this critical conversation. Sorry, but I have enough frustration in my life so I can't afford to add to it. I really wish everyone well.

gypsylee
09-29-2017, 02:26 PM
I like that this thread has turned into one where people can reach out :)

Anxiety/depression is still not well understood and a bit stigmatised but it is soooo common.

kcarruthers500
09-29-2017, 06:53 PM
I thought I had made the cut because my first post became visible. I posted a reply just now and I am back to the classification that my post won't be visible until a moderator approves . . . does anyone know how long this will take? I guess if this post does not get posted then no one will know that I have even asked the question . . . a bit frustrating . . . . is there a reason why the posts have to be approved before they become visible? is it because I new or to prevent spam? Just asking . . .thanks, KC

Anne1221
09-29-2017, 11:00 PM
I thought I had made the cut because my first post became visible. I posted a reply just now and I am back to the classification that my post won't be visible until a moderator approves . . . does anyone know how long this will take? I guess if this post does not get posted then no one will know that I have even asked the question . . . a bit frustrating . . . . is there a reason why the posts have to be approved before they become visible? is it because I new or to prevent spam? Just asking . . .thanks, KC

It used to not be that way. Maybe because of spam?? I don't know. I didn't even know there were any moderators! I think it's more of a computer glitch with this forum, which seems to be unsupervised.

Anne1221
09-29-2017, 11:01 PM
But your post might explain why this forum used to have many people on it but has trickled down to just a few.

gypsylee
09-30-2017, 08:54 PM
It used to not be that way. Maybe because of spam?? I don't know. I didn't even know there were any moderators! I think it's more of a computer glitch with this forum, which seems to be unsupervised.

That’s exactly what it is.

tlcmppa
10-02-2017, 11:46 AM
I went through the same thing, poured my guts out when I was having major issues a few weeks back, said it needed to be "approved by a moderator" and the post has never shown up.

Are you OK???

Hi NAJ,
Thanks for responding. I am still not coping well. I've apparently have had a 2+ weeklong anxiety breakdown and panic attacks along with it. I have lost 10 lbs from not being able to eat in those 2 weeks, and haven't been able to sleep hardly at all. I can't take my meds, since I can't keep food down and well, it's been a downward spiral. Sobbing constantly and trying to work is not going well.

NAJ
10-02-2017, 05:49 PM
So sorry to hear about the issues you are going through right now.
Have you spoken to your doctor?

gypsylee
10-02-2017, 07:15 PM
Hi NAJ,
Thanks for responding. I am still not coping well. I've apparently have had a 2+ weeklong anxiety breakdown and panic attacks along with it. I have lost 10 lbs from not being able to eat in those 2 weeks, and haven't been able to sleep hardly at all. I can't take my meds, since I can't keep food down and well, it's been a downward spiral. Sobbing constantly and trying to work is not going well.

That sucks and I’ve been there too many times to count. Sending you good vibes.

positivityme
10-03-2017, 04:32 AM
I was actually having the same problem a few days ago :confused:

Anne1221
10-04-2017, 07:43 PM
I'm having the opposite problem. My anxiety this year has been really bad and due to my anxiety, I overeat. Eating seems to calm me down. So I have gained about 15 pounds. So miserable.
I can tell you though, not eating and not taking your medication is a really bad combination. Can you find anything you like or can tolerate so you can take your medication? Ensure, milkshakes, ice cream, anything?
Even if you have to force yourself to eat small bites of food, like a food you like, it will help and getting back on medication will help. Not eating, not sleeping, not good for anxiety. What a miserable problem this is because
the anxiety makes you not eat, overeat, sleep too much, or too little!

MrsH
10-04-2017, 08:03 PM
I have had this same problem. I tried posting a couple days ago and it always says it needs to be modified. Is it b/c I am new to the forum or what?

NAJ
10-05-2017, 04:36 AM
My post that was "not allowed until approved" was rather lengthy, were your posts that were not allowed also lengthy?

MrsH
10-05-2017, 09:29 AM
NAJ, it really wasn't. It was like a paragraph if even that. Hopefully its just a glitch like some people are saying and they fix it

gypsylee
10-05-2017, 08:01 PM
It’s definitely a glitch. I’ve been here 4 years and never encountered an admin.. And God knows I’ve written things that wouldn’t be approved lol :cool:

Keep trying! It’s a test! ;)