PDA

View Full Version : keeping a job while having anxiety

jellybelly123
08-07-2017, 01:07 PM
Hi all.
I'm curious if anyone can suggest jobs or career fields that have personally worked well with their anxiety. Has anyone found a job/career that doesn't consistently and intensely trigger their anxiety?

Thanks!

josh0745
08-07-2017, 01:12 PM
From experience, I can tell you that engineering is probably not a stress free environment to work.

Dahila
08-07-2017, 07:40 PM
Dental lab highly stressful , switched to office assistant Highly stressful, then opened small business stress level went in scale of 10 went down to 1.

Twichard
08-07-2017, 08:07 PM
I don't have a job in the traditional sense I care for my son and the stress levels are off the chart 20 year's of 24 7 care is enough to stress out anyone

josh0745
08-08-2017, 07:22 AM
Dental lab highly stressful , switched to office assistant Highly stressful, then opened small business stress level went in scale of 10 went down to 1.

That's not what I expected at all. May I ask what your small business entails?

Josh

Dahila
08-09-2017, 07:14 PM
Josh it is Body care products, from soaps, shampoos to various cosmetics for woman, man and a lot of salves :) one person business I am the boss, I should do it 10 years ago ;) Instead of finishing college which did not give me anything except false impression that I will find the job

Ponder
08-09-2017, 08:29 PM
Not on this planet. Srry. Good luck with that. :)

jellybelly123
08-10-2017, 08:19 AM
Oh no, Ponder :(
Don't say that! lol
This job thing is really stressing me out!!

Ponder
08-10-2017, 02:53 PM
I can apreciate that. What do you want others to say? Somehow I don't think it works like that. Srry my words make you uncomfortable.

I have as much right to exspress how I feel. - The worforce today is highly stressed and high pressure cooker that has little room for sensitive individuals. More over the world is an insensitive place.

It sucks man ... I hear what your saying.

I found it much easier to stop struggling, accept I don't fit in and sort out a pension and glad I did. That worked out fine for me. Not everyone is cut out to operated under the current conditions. Changing my view (ideals) certainly makes being unemployable not only easier to handle but a lot more agreeably/preferable. I say I was pensioned off, but I also choose not to work. If I really really wanted to ... I am sure I could find a place in which to suffer and suffer I would.

If you want to work but finding it hard, it does not mean you are the problem. Like me you 'may' just not fit in, but is not for me to say. Only you can know that.

Keep looking if that's what you wish - but don't let others tell you what you should or should not do. (nor bang your head against a brick wall) ... you need to come up with your own point of view.

One alternative is to do what Dahila did. Stop (or looking to ...) working for others but start working (look to ...) for yourself.

Its what I now do, although my currency is different. :) My currency is my well being and that too of my wife & kids. Settling for less also really helps but nothing beats changing one's World View! We are lucky atm because we have a system that allows those of us that do not fit to still have a bed and some food - HELL even meds! For the savvy among us ... for whatever reason ... we seem to do a lot with so little. Once again ... I tend that the "secret [lol @ secret] it not to get so hung up on what one does not have, but be thankful for what one already has.

The problem is that our current system trains those without as much to want more and for those with more, to 'not' settle for less. Again ... it's all in our mind. I'm not saying one way is good or bad, however I do feel one way is more aware and the other is not. The way that is not ... is more about blinding people to the truth of how little we really need and that when one becomes aware ... you discover just how much you don't need.

All that aside ... it don't help when you live in a society that does not provide for those that don't fit regardless of how they think! In such cases ... well ... I guess your *&^@ed!!! lol

Is what it is man ... but it's not an it! Srry the last bit is an injoke re another thread.

Seriously ... try some volunteer work if you must. It can help if your not in need of the money for anything more than something to eat and a place to sleep. It can help you mix with others and lift your vibes ... but not when the only thing your after is for status, a house, a car and all those things. Not when your unable to suffer the insensitivity that's required in the monetary workplace. $$$$ comes first and people come last. All the rest is just a mission statement. LOL - Not. :( yea yea ... is what it is ... but not an it! We are the it! (as in finger pointing)

Yea I know ... the latter I expect only few will get the gist.

Frustrating is it not? Yet the potential for freedom when the penny finally drops is actually quite liberating. It's something we can only work our for ourselves ... not a trip to see a doctor, not a subscription to some You Tuber, nor following some preacher, or giving validation to some guru. None of those figures can give us the answers ... we can only find them for ourselves. "Oh but I still say such and such has the answer! ... " Nope ... don't work like that. Sure - look for the sign posts; but only we can drink from the water ... once we find the source. Be careful of what's on offer and above all be careful of what you give to others. heheheheheheheeeee

Alas ... I'm not right in the head so don't be drinking from my well. Drink at your own risk!!!

Have a good day. Get some some sun and be sure to drink enough water. [disclaimer in the line above]

That's pretty much my job for the day. I love my JOB!!!

Here's to Today's Quest:
https://image.ibb.co/nEZoEv/until_next_postl.gif

freedom
08-10-2017, 05:33 PM
I agree with doing some volunteer work. Helping others is a great way to raise self-esteem and confidence. You can work with people, animals or entirely behind the scenes. It may also lead to a paid position if you so desire. I’m not sure what you have tried to relieve some of the anxiety but I have had pretty good success with hypnosis. I just do it from a recording I have. It’s the only thing that got me outside.

martin05
08-10-2017, 05:50 PM
I had to go self-employed like Dahila. Ultimately, you work for a company to be a cog in a productivity machine. Most employers have very little time and patience for mis-firing cogs, which I almost certainly would have been.

If I couldn't work for myself, I'd try to work for a small company with ethical practices. That way the human element of business is emphasised a bit more. How can you really expect a big company to care about you or your problems when there are 30-levels of management, all on each others' asses?

As mentioned, volunteering is a good way for people with mental health issues to gain experience and network with people who are interested in more than just profit. Most of the people I know with mental health issues found employment that way.