PDA

View Full Version : Role of Nutrition in Mental Health

Ponder
08-01-2017, 03:34 PM
I'm getting better with my knee jerk reactions to sources of information that throw the bias switch to the on position. So it was that I pressed on with the following video and very glad I did. I've generally disregarded micro nutrients as just another commodity but now given the state of affairs with the abundance of options we are bombarded with, I could not help but think the points woven in this presentation makes a lot of sense. I hope others in here also find it a worth while watch.

Role of Nutrition in Mental Health

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dqXHHCc5lA&list=PLU7uB3u-JFwvFmGVFkyCgBvyXVtL0vTbl&index=5

Kirk
08-02-2017, 12:47 PM
I agree with you 100%.

gypsylee
08-02-2017, 11:50 PM
I agree with you 100%.

Hell just froze over ;)

MainerMikeBrown
11-11-2017, 12:40 PM
Good nutrition is good for anyone's physical and emotional health, not just those with mental illness.

braidyattewell
12-16-2017, 08:45 AM
Our heart, liver and stomach are organs, and so too is our brain. It is acutely sensitive to what we eat. To remain healthy, it needs different amounts of nutrients ranging from; essential fatty acids, amino acids, vitamins, minerals and water.

Ponder
12-25-2017, 12:05 PM
A good decent gorging session once a year can also do wonders for our well being. :)

Dahila
12-26-2017, 04:51 PM
What we eat, is what we are :) Hi Kirk another person who was missing , Just IMS posted and now you, :))

Ponder
12-27-2017, 03:31 AM
Yea - I feel like a hefty leg of lam. http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/eating/ham-smiley-emoticon-emoji.png

vinaigrefr.com
02-01-2018, 02:14 AM
Here is what you need to do.

Cut out all sugars and other processed junk.
2. Eliminate all drinks except water. Drink enough water to make your urine clear.

3. Add some vegetables into your diet, you can eat as much veggies as you want.

4. Add some high quality proteins. It could be whey protein, or chicken breast or fish. Eat up to 1 gm of protein per pound of your body weight.

5. Then comes the carbs: This one is a little tricky and probably the topic of most bro arguments online. While cutting carbs does help with weight loss, it’s not advised to be on a low carb diet all year. During the early phases of your weight loss journey, I’d argue to cut out carbs to as low as you can get away with. If you’re feeling dizzy, however, just take some damn carbs.

vinaigrefr.com
02-01-2018, 02:17 AM
i like this video , because usefull

vinaigrefr.com
02-01-2018, 02:59 AM
four steps to lose belly fat in a
week tonight is your date night with
that handsome co-worker whom you've been
flirting with for the whole week you
open your wardrobe and browse through
all of your clothes this won't fit this
is too tight this will emphasize your
flabby belly well jeans and sweater then
not too romantic but at least no one
won't notice that you skipped your
workouts this week okay this month
do you recognize yourself if you nodded
you are on the right track to shape your
body in just a week and then wear any
the outfit that suits the occasion let's get
into action here are four simple steps
1 never stop moving movement is life
jogging running biking swimming anything
that gets your heart rate up will do it
will help you burn calories and improve
your health too you can also take long
walks cardio exercises is one of the
most effective forms of training for
reducing belly fat

MrsMargo
02-08-2018, 01:35 AM
Here is what you need to do.

Cut out all sugars and other processed junk.
2. Eliminate all drinks except water. Drink enough water to make your urine clear.

3. Add some vegetables into your diet, you can eat as much veggies as you want.

4. Add some high quality proteins. It could be whey protein, or chicken breast or fish. Eat up to 1 gm of protein per pound of your body weight.

5. Then comes the carbs: This one is a little tricky and probably the topic of most bro arguments online. While cutting carbs does help with weight loss, it’s not advised to be on a low carb diet all year. During the early phases of your weight loss journey, I’d argue to cut out carbs to as low as you can get away with. If you’re feeling dizzy, however, just take some damn carbs.

Absolutely right! But it is easier said than done. Nearly two thirds of those who do not report daily mental health problems eat fresh fruit or fruit juice every day, compared with less than half of those who do report daily mental health problems. This pattern is similar for fresh vegetables and salad. Those who report some level of mental health problem also eat fewer healthy foods (fresh fruit and vegetables, organic foods and meals made from scratch) and more unhealthy foods (chips and crisps, chocolate, ready meals and takeaways).