PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety/panic without fight or flight response?

07-18-2017, 09:08 AM
Scenario A: I'm out somewhere, two people start arcing up/yelling maybe tussle a bit, I feel what I think is adrenaline and can't take eyes off them and wish I was invisible. After the situation calms down, then I'm back to normal. I may have jelly legs afterwards. Then back to normal. Fight or flight.

Scenario B: Bowel movement feeling makes me tense sick if its soft/premature/etc I can tell before toilet. Sick/weak in the stomach as well. Any thought that pops into my head gets blown out of proportion, a jolt of yucky negative energy. Eg, I'm afraid of relationships or something, and thinking of relationship in this moment weirds me out even more. Food eg chicken left in your teeth, that's fine. When this mood happens, anything left on my teeth is a jolt of yucky negative energy. Hard to put feeling into words. Going toilet sometime calm me down. Some irritable bowel syndrome? No pain usually, and no or not much fight or flight? This still anxiety/panic?

Kirk
07-18-2017, 12:05 PM
I agree with the theory that it is a mixture of IBS and an anxiety/stress reaction.

Boo Bass
07-18-2017, 11:21 PM
Captain JT probably has it right

Its not the event but your reaction to it that matters. Therapy and meditation would really help you.

iwanttobeok
07-19-2017, 02:21 AM
Anything happened in the past to you from A? Got that from PTSD. For B the usual water,apple juice, and more fibers helps.

07-24-2017, 09:53 AM
"anything happened in the past to you from A?" Do you mean, what caused A?

There's two type sof fibres, soluble and insoluble. dont think ive tried one specific type only. Tried giving up milk, still have this issue. Sometimes milk makes this issue happen straight away, but giving up milk did not stop it, it just happened when it wanted to without having "just had milk".

DR reckons if it was crohns disease or something id see him more often, im still not 100% convinced it isnt something physiological. Have not tried meditation.