PDA

View Full Version : Interesting read on the neuroscience of panic attacks

TuesdayBlue
07-16-2017, 03:57 PM
Hi everyone,
Sometimes I find that learning about the biology behind my emotions helps to diffuse them. This is an interesting read on why panic attacks feel like they do.

(www)wheresmydopamine(dot)com/airport-anxiety-neuroscience-panic-attacks/

Best to all
-- Tuesday

iwanttobeok
07-17-2017, 12:34 AM
http://www.wheresmydopamine.com/airport-anxiety-neuroscience-panic-attacks/

Airports would be less stressful without the TSA hounding on you like you're a criminal, like pass me the tranq. Feelsbadman

MainerMikeBrown
11-14-2017, 04:51 PM
They certainly know nowadays that anxieties have a biological component to it. Brain chemistry matters.

Ponder
12-01-2017, 12:14 PM
Inteleculization only goes so far without the ability to live with one's emotion. Pharmaceutical agenda based science leads people into a high dependency on drugs for what is generally misconceived as a necessity in order to obtain a chemical balance. The term balance is imo misrepresented and misunderstood. 'The so called 'levels' which are used to measure a persons health is very much a control mechanism used for something else other than one's best interest/health. The later a grey area but point enough for me. The problem I have come to see is that such chemical dependency as it was for me, was a system designed to inhibit me from feeling core emotion. The lack of emotional connection did/does me more damage than my inability to cope before I adopted that path of longer term medicating. The inhibitors and psychotropics helped in the early stages after going through the poisoning effects ... however I developed many more issues both psychically and mentally. Whilst it could be debated a personal thing, long term studies seem on point with regards to the gist of my here tellings.

The airports are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to unbalancing chemicals. Although I am coming to see that a steady state of balance as defined by homeostasis is just as unhealthy and damaging as being stuck in extremes. Rather a good balance between drug dependency and the ability to feel core emotion is IMO what most of today's humans need. Preferably with the aim to become drug/medication free. The latter a huge threat to many influential individuals and big time industries, including many scientific facilities. Discounting terminal illness and triggered states of irreversible conditions which in itself remains debatable, the original idea of taking a pill was for an assist; today such measures are pushed so that users become hooked. Once hooked, people will reason the need according to their state of being, their will, their desire - their personal beliefs. Each to their own of course. I understand and respects other peoples needs, but I won't stop talking like so on topics such as these just because my words no doubt conflicts with another persons belief. Since we know medication is the easy way to inhibit unwanted emotion which we now know so well determine chemical states ... it's to be expected that droves of people will be resistant to any method that differs from the use of chemical solutions since the world today is pretty much hooked.

Thankfully a lot of new science is being directed into alternative methods + combined with various philosophies are helping to break away from unhealthy dependencies. Just not enough of a move to stem the tide our toxic industry. However enough info is out there for those that really want to make the move. That's hopeful. There are plenty of methods in which to try. It really is more akin to giving up junk food and making better choices while reducing toxic ones. The trouble with dealing with emotion is when we have so many negative ones. But if we can't feel them then we'll never be able to remove them and at best never be able to live with them. Certainly another topic I need to pick up on within my thread. Srry to digress.

Yea ... Neuroscience is making some leaps and bounds. Agreed.

Here is a good book by a world leader in Neuroscience ... its a bit of a heavy read but then again good for the laymen. As scatter brained as I be ... I had a few laughs along the way. Still yet to finish book but having come across the post once again interested in doing so. I have the audio book.

Here ya go → Behave: The Biology of Humans at Our Best and Worst (https://www.amazon.com/Behave-Biology-Humans-Best-Worst/dp/B06XVYHXDV)

Is worth searching the reviews and YouTube-ing this guy.

ninjamonkey1014
01-31-2018, 09:07 AM
Thank you!

Marston76
02-02-2018, 12:08 PM
Thanks for sharing

Marston76
02-02-2018, 12:09 PM
Dopamine is my "favorite" neurotransmitter :D

bobbert
08-30-2021, 01:59 PM
Sounds good, let me know