PDA

View Full Version : No Coffee = Less Anxiety?

DDK255
07-15-2017, 02:00 PM
I have been an everyday morning Coffee drinker for years.For the past 4 days i have stopped drinking it and my anxiety feels a'lot better.Did anyone get relief once stopping coffee?.

RoadToRecovery
07-15-2017, 03:23 PM
Absolutely. The reason for this is the caffeine in coffee. Those who struggle with anxiety have a more stressed body than the average person. Cafffiene is a stimulant that stresses our body. It is best to avoid caffeine if you are struggling with anxiety and working out your recovery.

iwanttobeok
07-15-2017, 10:21 PM
If you are stopping completely make sure you have a few pain relievers for withdrawal symptoms. If you choose to take it slow and wean yourself off of it, make sure you are consistently taking less and not overstepping your limit :)

Boo Bass
07-16-2017, 01:47 AM
Funnily enough I had my first coffee today in about 2 months and it didnt make me more anxious, but on another day it would have. Normally I drink leaf and herb tea.

There is also caffeine in soft drinks so be aware of that too.

iwanttobeok
07-16-2017, 02:13 AM
Some teas have caffeine and some don't, but I think iced teas tend to have it more often, even though it tastes great :( I think there is some in chocolate too.

self12
07-16-2017, 09:01 AM
I believe there's a definite connection. If you feel better I.e. Less anxious without it, then definitely stick to that new routine!