PDA

View Full Version : dry mouth and dry eyes due to anxiety/depression?

want_answers
11-13-2008, 05:00 AM
Hello,
I suffer from constantly burning eyes.Doctors tentatively think it could be dry eyes . I am 27,female.

I have noticed that in times of high anxiety, my mouth goes dry and stays that way for a few days. In these times, my eyes feel perfectly normal. However the eye burning and strain returns once the dry mouth abates.

Can all this be due to sustained depression? I suffer from no other depression symptoms or any other disease.

I work on the computers and find it really hard to go on after a short while. I do warm compresses and use tear drops every few hours.

I have got autoimmune tests to check for Sjogren's and they came back negative.
My TSH and blood/urine sugar/Blood pressure are in the normal levels too. My blood tests showed a slightly lower than normal lymphocyte and basophil count. ESR is normal.

Is there any explaination for this? The dry eye has persisted for 7-8 months now.

Any explaination or similar experiances appreciated.
Thanks!

jrreed360
11-13-2008, 08:31 AM
I had symptoms like these that lasted about a week. My eyes always felt like closing and felt very weak. I cycle through symptoms like this on a weekly basis. For a few days it's constantly on my mind and i search through diseases with symptoms like that. It always turns out to be my worry and constant thought of it that keeps the symptom active. Like you said, when your mouth gets dry it takes the pain/dryness from your eyes. You have your mind more set on the mouth dryness now that you've basically forgotten to worry about your eyes. It's all a trick and it always seems to fool me aswell.