PDA

View Full Version : Two Years and I'm back.

robert07
07-10-2017, 03:32 PM
Well, It's been two years since I have had health anxiety issues and I'm thinking I'm back. It's crazy, two full years with feeling amazing. So i'm asking for a little support.

A few weeks ago, I did about 6 miles on the eliptcal machine at the gym, mind you I hadn't done any exercise besides walking in weeks. The next day, I felt crazy pain in my left testicle (sorry if that is TMI) and running down my left leg. I waited a few days and then one night it got so bad I went to the ER. The ER did an ultrasound on my testicles and took urine samples. All negative. The doctor thought I had an STD (turns out I didnt, also side note I have never had one) and gave me antibiotics for one. Turns out the doc was wrong and I had no STD's.

Fast forward a few days and I have the same pains in my legs and lower back. Really bad this time. Went back to the ER, this time I got a X ray of my whole left leg, Ultrasound on my left leg to look for clots, blood tests, and pelvic xray. Any guesses??? all negative. I will add that this pain is the worst pain I have ever felt in my life.

All this being said, I am spinning about this. The docs think Its sciatica which is pinching the nerve. They put me on nerve meds. gabapentin to be exact. Still 3 weeks later, thousands of dollars spent and zero info, i'm back here, scanning this forum for anything similar. I have back issues right now, and now both legs are killing me. Can this be all just anxiety? I want to trust the docs as they say its a pinched nerve, but my mind is saying I have some crazy back issue and the longer I wait, I will damage more and end up being paralyzed.

any help?

thanks!

-Rob

iwanttobeok
07-10-2017, 06:58 PM
Could be the sudden exertion? Get a second opinion if you can to keep calm. Perhaps try some Ibuprofen, and if the pain doesn't subside, then go back and check again. Ibuprofen is an anti-inflammatory, so it may help. If it was after exercise, then it is probably not anything out to paralyze you :)

robert07
07-10-2017, 08:06 PM
thanks for the response. it could be. I mean my legs have been hurting for weeks. This all started at the same time I was stressed though. So this could be anxiety showing its ugly head again. Supposed to go in for an MRI Thursday so we will see. I wonder if I am so anxious about this it could be giving me daily leg cramps.

iwanttobeok
07-10-2017, 11:11 PM
Just try to make sure you are hydrated and full, and focus on music and other such art if you can 'till Thursday :) Anxiety makes things seem worse, ya.

robert07
07-11-2017, 12:03 PM
Just try to make sure you are hydrated and full, and focus on music and other such art if you can 'till Thursday :) Anxiety makes things seem worse, ya.

Yeah I am trying,but also getting these crazy feelings in my legs like almost tingling. It is freaking me out. But I did get an xray of my left leg and all was well, x ray of my pelvis and all was well, all my blood work is fine. So i have to just remind myself that this is either anxiety or something random.

Anne1221
07-11-2017, 09:14 PM
Well, if you have sciatiaca that is something real and painful. You need to get some good doctors to tell you IF there is something real going on. When there is no cause, it's usually your anxiety. A pinched nerve is real. The part about waiting and getting paralyzed sounds like anxiety but ask your doctors if there is any chance of that happening.

wpark2419
07-15-2017, 09:54 PM
Have you been checked for a hernia? My husband has a very small inguinal herni that causes occasional extreme pain in the manner you described. His is actually too small to be fixed (doctors say the risk of injuring the nerve that runs directly next to it makes it too risky for such a small one). His generally never even detected except for some sort of X-rays and maybe 2 doctors out of all the ones he's been to. Probably not what it is but maybe something you should research and see if you have any similar symptoms of. Good luck, I really hope you get it figured out!

robert07
07-15-2017, 10:27 PM
Have you been checked for a hernia? My husband has a very small inguinal herni that causes occasional extreme pain in the manner you described. His is actually too small to be fixed (doctors say the risk of injuring the nerve that runs directly next to it makes it too risky for such a small one). His generally never even detected except for some sort of X-rays and maybe 2 doctors out of all the ones he's been to. Probably not what it is but maybe something you should research and see if you have any similar symptoms of. Good luck, I really hope you get it figured out!

Is it his inner thigh down to knee down to foot? Either way thank you for the input!!

Stellanova
07-15-2017, 10:31 PM
I had leg pain too also had same tests and ultra sound they told me muscle tension and anxiety my therapist calls it somatization

robert07
07-15-2017, 10:57 PM
I had leg pain too also had same tests and ultra sound they told me muscle tension and anxiety my therapist calls it somatization

So somatization, is this real pain then?

wpark2419
07-15-2017, 11:05 PM
Is it his inner thigh down to knee down to foot? Either way thank you for the input!!

Definitely inner thigh down to almost the knee but he has never had the pain below the knee. But there is a major nerve that runs through there and from my understanding nerve pain is pretty unpredictable so maybe it's a nerve thing? Also it should be said that I have zero medical training so this is all speculation from a highly untrained view ��

Stellanova
07-16-2017, 08:43 AM
I think it's real but your anxiety manifest itself as physical symptoms without any other cause since u had test done. Mine lasted months and then once my anxiety got better went away. Good luck with everything

av1988
07-19-2017, 01:54 PM
Well, It's been two years since I have had health anxiety issues and I'm thinking I'm back. It's crazy, two full years with feeling amazing. So i'm asking for a little support.

A few weeks ago, I did about 6 miles on the eliptcal machine at the gym, mind you I hadn't done any exercise besides walking in weeks. The next day, I felt crazy pain in my left testicle (sorry if that is TMI) and running down my left leg. I waited a few days and then one night it got so bad I went to the ER. The ER did an ultrasound on my testicles and took urine samples. All negative. The doctor thought I had an STD (turns out I didnt, also side note I have never had one) and gave me antibiotics for one. Turns out the doc was wrong and I had no STD's.

Fast forward a few days and I have the same pains in my legs and lower back. Really bad this time. Went back to the ER, this time I got a X ray of my whole left leg, Ultrasound on my left leg to look for clots, blood tests, and pelvic xray. Any guesses??? all negative. I will add that this pain is the worst pain I have ever felt in my life.

All this being said, I am spinning about this. The docs think Its sciatica which is pinching the nerve. They put me on nerve meds. gabapentin to be exact. Still 3 weeks later, thousands of dollars spent and zero info, i'm back here, scanning this forum for anything similar. I have back issues right now, and now both legs are killing me. Can this be all just anxiety? I want to trust the docs as they say its a pinched nerve, but my mind is saying I have some crazy back issue and the longer I wait, I will damage more and end up being paralyzed.

any help?

thanks!

-Rob

I'd get really anxious too if something was going on with my man bag.