PDA

View Full Version : My youtube channel about mental health. First ep "What is anxiety?" check it out!

Barong Baj Baj
07-04-2017, 03:31 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF3HsaGG-XA

Hey guys, hope you are all having a lovely day. I started this youtube channel, to try and break the stigma and engage young people.
If you guys have any feedback i would really appreciate it as i am new, so no mercy !

I hope you enjoy it and take care

iwanttobeok
07-04-2017, 04:14 AM
"Anxiety is Normal" - don't know whether to feel reassured or cry about this ;)

Barong Baj Baj
07-04-2017, 04:30 PM
"Anxiety is Normal" - don't know whether to feel reassured or cry about this ;)

I am sadly with you on that one dude

Dahila
07-04-2017, 07:26 PM
I am sadly with you on that one dude

so am I ;)

gypsylee
07-04-2017, 08:46 PM
The cat made me lol (in the bit where it says animals have anxiety). I'm watching it during my worst anxiety hour (after waking up) and overall it's pretty good :) The ending is funny too with The Revenant lol. I enjoyed it and the message about coping is helpful.

What does your name mean btw?

Ponder
07-05-2017, 06:56 PM
Great presentation Barong ... Fear is not a word that chimes for me as I often stress without feeling afraid or feel I am in immediate danger. Hence for me Fear does not categorize my extreme thinking patterns that race the way they do. Yes it is an element and a prominent one in many circumstances, but just like the different dynamics within the example definitions you presents ... so too there is a lot more to anxiety than just fear. None the less as you suggest ... long term/chronic heighten anxiety and moreover the devolving patterns as to how we react are the key points that many of us who struggle to fit in and suffer whatever medical conditions would do well to address. Through whatever means that help us identify those personal triggers that drive us the way they do ... but as for the fear being the prime suspect ... I think there is a lot more to it than that. Fear does drive us and something we are programmed with on a daily bases - but for me I beleive the solution be more in the way I process full stop. Again - I am do not have to feel threatened in order to struggle with heightened lvles of anxiety. For some of us it is genetically ingrained and can be triggered by sounds, smells, flashes of light which are more to do with senor overload and nothing to do with feeling in danger ... the danger and feeling of threatened in fact comes after the fact when exploring this facet of anxiety sufferers.

That said ... I hear ya loud and clear and your right (if there is such a thing as right) ... just saying there is also a number of other right views that fit the bill with anxiety that don't always fit the mold of others explanations. I guess that's why it helps to get a proper diagnoses and one that feels spot on between the white coats and the suffer. Really loved the entertaining presentation. I apologize if my view seems more resistance than is does of reasoning. Fear in only one aspect is all - there are also many types of fear and the term is just so generic ... BUT ... is very hard to define when looking to use less words. The quicker we look for simple solutions the more we box ourselves in.
Anxiety itself is ... yea ... normal ... totally agree with that ... how we react ... YEP ... Bingo on that too. But Fear ... fear is too much of a cliche to use in a one all fits all equation for me. Especially living in today's society ... Fear for sure is what drives us all ... it smells, sells, repels, attracts, it's addictive and repulsive all at the same time. I just think - thinking in terms of fear only side tracks for the bigger problem of systemic issues that are more ingrained that now lead many of us to react without feeling threatened at all. Is another story ... best I can explain to long long paragraphs ... but I think I did alright.

But you know something ... I really don't know. That's my disclaimer and claim to fame. :)

Hope some of that makes sense. Subbed and liked ... also left this message on your channel.

Ponder
07-06-2017, 04:02 AM
Barong - May I ask what software you used to do the animations?

Dahila
07-06-2017, 07:21 PM
Barong I got to see your video and I love it, I left the comment too , waiting for the next one Yeaaaaaaaaah peeps anxiety is normal, it is life saving ...........