PDA

View Full Version : I just need to talk out loud

Cbluebell
06-28-2017, 09:16 AM
I have people I can talk to and support me when I am feeling anxious but I do not feel like talking to them about how I am feeling at the moment. I have been feeling really anxious and sick at the moment for no reason. I am thinking of going to see my doctor about it and either try go back on sertraline or see a counselor although I think my doctor will try get me to go to a group therapy and CBT which have always stressed me in the past and I have never completed it before. But maybe I have not given CBT a proper chance. Even if no one replies I just needed to write down my thoughts while I try to figure things out.

iwanttobeok
06-28-2017, 03:11 PM
Maybe you feel that even if you tell them they won't solve the problem and you're back at ole square one. And it is a good stress reliever sometimes to just write down what you are thinking so you can sort of look at it and solve things that way. You could always start by self educating about procedures from someone who performs them and has time to have a 1 on 1 with you if possible. Second opinions help with your peace of mind in starting, too. Is there a certain problem with the group therapy in itself or the group? Sometimes it is also best to just move on from certain things if they really are only making things worse - no need to torture yourself :P

littlestarsmum
06-28-2017, 09:32 PM
I’m so sorry to hear what you’re going through, friend. Yes, it gives so much relief when we share our hearts out with good listeners. Remember that you don’t need to carry your burdens alone. I just said a prayer for you, and I hope that God will provide the comfort and help you need at this time. I’d also suggest that you see a counselor. Please know that we care about you and are here to support you. Feel free share your concerns with us. Hope you’ll feel better soon. Sending hugs & prayers your way!

Barong Baj Baj
07-03-2017, 05:30 PM
Stick to CBT for a bit longer. I didn't think it worked at the beginning but it changed my life when i was in a time of crisis. Goodluck and keep it up!