PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone!

jwnewm
11-11-2008, 12:07 PM
About three weeks ago I noticed my old symptoms of anxiety were coming back... I say old because I hadn't had these symptoms since high school. A little about myself... I'm a 21 year old (male) college undergrad in my final year of school. 4-5 years ago when I was in high school I struggled for months with anxiety before seeing a psychiatrist. I couldn't sleep or eat. I was always nauseous and I was loosing weight which is not good for me given my already very thin frame. I'm 6'1 at 160lbs...

After I spoke with the doc many years ago things started to get better. I didn't go on any meds and I just felt more at ease after talking to her about my anxieties.

About 3-4 weeks ago I had a mild panic attack and since then I've lost my appetite and been having issues with my stomach. I'm going to be graduating college this coming June and will be going to pilot training for a career as a pilot. I'm pretty sure these symptoms are a result of anxiety because they're very similar to what I felt in high school. I really hope to find and answer to this anxiety so I wont feel so debilitated from day to day...

I really appreciate any help you guys can provide and I wish you all the very best!

northstar
11-11-2008, 12:25 PM
hi there! welcome to the forum :)

i'm sorry to see you suffering with anxiety again, perhaps it would be a good idea to look up your old psychiatrist to see if they can offer any advice? if it helped you so much before then it's certainly worth a try i think. if you want some advice on other things you can do to help out with anxiety then you can take a look at this post here: http://www.anxietyforum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4087

i know it can be difficult to eat when you are feeling bad, but just be aware of the fact that not eating will probably only add to your problems, your body needs proper nutrition and fuel to work properly so if you're not eating it puts a lot of strain on your system. try to eat when you can, good nutritious food, and you'll feel better for it :)

do you know what triggered your recent panic attack? or did it just come out of the blue? i hope you're feeling better soon :)