PDA

View Full Version : my thoughts are giving me headaches

Indiana2013
05-28-2017, 07:53 PM
Anytime i have intrusive thoughts I just feel a bunch of head pressure. It is mainly just annoying things like a spinning object or imaging something upside down. It also gives me anxiety!

MainerMikeBrown
05-29-2017, 04:01 PM
Indiana, redirecting your thoughts by focusing on happy and pleasant things may help you.

GilledGoblin
05-29-2017, 04:49 PM
I agree with Mainer, if you are able to, as soon as you have these thoughts, change them to something else. Do it consistently and you'll be able to eventually overcome them.

Ponder
05-29-2017, 05:12 PM
Helps to identify the true source that's triggering the anxiety and doing what you can to leave such triggers be. That way you can then get on with experiencing the moment in a more pleasant way that will enable you with pleasant thoughts on which you may then later find helpful on which to draw from. I've come to find doing much preferable over using more thoughts to counter other thoughts with. Alas it is preferable when stuck in though to focus on those that leave you feeling well balanced.

Rick(amateur)
05-29-2017, 09:03 PM
I agree with Ponder. Finding the source is how you tackle these problems. Otherwise, you are merely buying some time which doesn't help you in the long run. I personally found talking about issues in life, a bit like a rant, helps. Oftentimes, we don't even know why we are feeling a certain way. Talking and listening to yourself reveals a lot to you that you would otherwise not know.

Indiana2013
05-31-2017, 01:39 PM
Indiana, redirecting your thoughts by focusing on happy and pleasant things may help you.

its not very easy to do when you have anxiety issues.