PDA

View Full Version : Been googling after life again

Phil10
05-22-2017, 03:27 PM
I've been googling this again but it's made me feel queezy and anxious. Does anybody else get like this?

martin05
05-23-2017, 01:35 PM
Sure. I don't think our brains evolved to be able to comprehend such things in their entirety, though. I mean, it's not much use thinking about existential issues when a predator's chasing you, right?

I try to live by Carl Jung's advice. He said the big questions in life can't be solved, only outgrown. I now spend more time trying to meet my human needs than letting my mind wander. I feel a bit better for doing so.

salvator here
05-25-2017, 09:41 PM
There has to be something after this journey, or whatever this existence is. Because religion has screwed with my mind, though, when I do think about it, my worries start to creep in about burning in hell again; and that just adds/increases my anxiety and depression. I would like to believe there is something better than this. Sometimes 'where you're dead - you're dead' also brings me some comfort though.

So.. YES! I also get like that (queezy and anxious - so say the least)!!

Ponder
05-25-2017, 10:32 PM
I like the concept that death is no more than the renewing of the each moment in the now. In this respect - Death never comes. Dying to self is another aspect I have come to see as being a key element to actually living rather than worrying about what may or may not ever come. "Death only comes to those that wait." Don't wait for oblivion ... go sit down beside a lake and experience it NOW. :)

Nothing wrong with looking into the subject of life after death. My advice is to look into the area of Consciousness in regards to such a topic. Has helped me a great deal.

bdsxuyenmoc
05-26-2017, 10:01 PM
I like the concept that death is no more than the renewing of the each moment in the now. In this respect - Death never comes. Dying to self is another aspect I have come to see as being a key element to actually living rather than worrying about what may or may not ever come. "Death only comes to those that wait." Don't wait for oblivion ... go sit down beside a lake and experience it NOW. :) Nothing wrong with looking into the subject of life after death. My advice is to look into the area of Consciousness in regards to such a topic. Has helped me a great deal. lên cho anh em cần

Rick(amateur)
05-27-2017, 12:45 PM
I find that these issues are only brought up when your mind is wandering. It's one of those things that, if you aren't busy, you will start doing. I personally like to see how I can improve on life as it is (since this is really what I have control over) and worry about this topic when it arrives. There's nothing wrong with being curious with these since your mind does need to be fed with some spiritual stuff to keep it nourished. At the end of the day, just live your current life to the fullest so you'll have fewer regrets later down the line.

salvator here
05-27-2017, 06:19 PM
I find that these issues are only brought up when your mind is wandering. It's one of those things that, if you aren't busy, you will start doing. For me, I only start thinking (worrying) about this when I'm mentally unwell. Otherwise, I don't obsess over it when I'm mentally stable and secure (rarely these days, sad to say)
There's nothing wrong with being curious with these since your mind does need to be fed with some spiritual stuff to keep it nourished. I wish I could say its just curiosity, rather, for me, its usually fear driven, I wish I could say otherwise. I will say this though, being *spiritual* has brought me comfort most of the time when I separate from traditional upbringing as a Catholic.

Thank you though Rick for your posting, and I do agree wholeheartedly, one should try make the most of this life. I also feel staying busy helps.

salvator here
05-27-2017, 06:30 PM
I like the concept that death is no more than the renewing of the each moment in the now. In this respect - Death never comes. Dying to self is another aspect I have come to see as being a key element to actually living rather than worrying about what may or may not ever come. "Death only comes to those that wait." Don't wait for oblivion ... go sit down beside a lake and experience it NOW. :)

Nothing wrong with looking into the subject of life after death. My advice is to look into the area of Consciousness in regards to such a topic. Has helped me a great deal.I like what you've said here, Ponder. I'll try to remember this when I start to head down that dark road that my religious upbringing takes me all too frequently. Thanks again!!

salvator here
05-27-2017, 06:44 PM
More importantly.. I hope something that was said/written here was able to bring you some comfort and make sense for you Phil without causing you anymore pain. Please let us know how your are feeling about this topic and if this helped you any. I've decided to edit away some of what I wrote, because I tend to allow my personal struggle to get in the way at times. As I said, this is also a big issue for me.

Best wishes!

musicmaker5454
05-27-2017, 10:16 PM
I can feel very anxious, queasy, even light headed about this. I have had many panic attacks because of this subject. It really is quite uncomfortable for me. My mind tends to jump ahead to the end and imagines itself, and I freak out and started crying my eyes out. No one has been able to give me sound advice to make me feel better about it.... but I know where your coming from

Barong Baj Baj
07-03-2017, 05:16 PM
It is competley overwhelming and i have felt nasty anxiety over this. Its the dread which lingeres and sucks. Anyway keep up the fight bro!