PDA

View Full Version : Need of affirmation !!!

Danielle0307
05-22-2017, 10:44 AM
I have suffered with Anxiety for years, however I always seem to get a relapse every couple years. Here I am I was perfectly fine till last week. My anxiety/panic came out of no where! I have a strong mind, meaning I know this is anxiety and it will not kill me etc.., however this time around with this relapse I wake up anxious it seems to go away by like noon but I get this zoned out feeling, like I am numb. It's freaking me out! It's like I have no motivation and can literally lay around all day. That is not like me so I usually just get myself up and going regardless of how I feel. Does anyone else feel like this? Is this depression or something? I am not depressed though lol, I loved my life till all this happened last week.

GilledGoblin
05-22-2017, 10:50 AM
It sounds like the onset of depression. The best thing you can do, and this is the hardest part, is to continue living like you don't have anxiety. That undermines it and takes away its power. Continue telling yourself that it's just anxiety, it's harmless. Don't let it have any control.

Danielle0307
05-22-2017, 10:57 AM
It sounds like the onset of depression. The best thing you can do, and this is the hardest part, is to continue living like you don't have anxiety. That undermines it and takes away its power. Continue telling yourself that it's just anxiety, it's harmless. Don't let it have any control.

Onset of depression makes me even more scared lol. Does this coincide with Anxiety? Does this get better?

martin05
05-22-2017, 01:57 PM
Anxiety is like a chemical volcano happening in the body. It's natural to feel flat, lifeless, or even over-sensitive if you have the disorder.

Usually you will re-balance. Try to take care of the different areas of your life -- physical, emotional, and mental. You should start feeling better soon.

gypsylee
05-22-2017, 08:11 PM
Hi Danielle :)

Anxiety and depression are the same mood disorder. My official diagnosis (20 years ago) was Major Unipolar Depression but my most common symptom is anxiety/panic. Martin's "chemical volcano" explanation is pretty accurate.

All the best,
Gypsy x

Boo Bass
05-22-2017, 08:40 PM
Hi Danielle

Are you taking medication? If not you should consider going back on it.

You are experiencing what is known as a setback and these never last, but its natural to think you have slipped back to where you were before. Memory alone does that.

Set yourself simple to achieve tasks e very day and build up from there. Take things slowly at your own pace. Try and learn some yoga and mindfulness techniques.

You'll be OK

BB

littlestarsmum
05-23-2017, 11:13 PM
I’m sorry to hear about your struggles, Danielle. I know how frustrating it must be for you to go through this. I’d suggest that you consider talking to a therapist. A caring professional might be able to give you solid guidance. I just said a prayer for you, and I hope that God will surround you with His comfort and peace. Please don’t get stressed out, but stay strong. Hugs!

Danielle0307
05-24-2017, 07:56 AM
I’m sorry to hear about your struggles, Danielle. I know how frustrating it must be for you to go through this. I’d suggest that you consider talking to a therapist. A caring professional might be able to give you solid guidance. I just said a prayer for you, and I hope that God will surround you with His comfort and peace. Please don’t get stressed out, but stay strong. Hugs!

Thank you for your positive words, and saying a prayer for me!

Careful1
05-24-2017, 06:39 PM
I find myself going through the same but I have been here. A lot of people say they aren't depressed when it starts. It does sound like the onset of depression. Anxiety and depression is common together. I'm sorry that you have to go through it, it's rough but it can be managed with meds, therapy or a combination of the two.