PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and time of the month

Littleme123
05-22-2017, 06:44 AM
Hello

I'm new here. I have been on and off paroxetine for the past ten years, but have never managed to stay off as anxiety and depression always seems to creep back in.

I am really struggling with my anxiety today as it is really close to my time of the month. I am unsure of what to do - my head is full of intrusive thoughts, I can't seem to get my breathing under control, and I just feel like crying constantly.

I wondered if any other girls felt this way? How do you deal with it?

gypsylee
05-22-2017, 08:07 PM
Hi and welcome :)

Yeah, I'm struggling with this right now. It's hard to tell how much it affects me but pretty sure it does. Sleep is a good indicator, like last night I fell asleep fairly quickly but then woke up two hours later and was awake for ages.

How do I deal with it? Not very well! :rolleyes:

Gypsy x

littlestarsmum
05-23-2017, 11:21 PM
Welcome aboard, girl! I’m so sorry to hear about your struggles. Words seem inadequate to convey my care and concern for you. Depression is a very complex issue that deserves personal and in-depth attention. Would you like to share what triggered you to anxiety? Are you seeing a therapist? In situation like yours, I believe there is no substitute for one-on-one interaction with a caring professional. I just said a prayer for you, and I hope God will provide the comfort and help you need at this time. Remember that you deserve to feel better. You can share your heart out and I’m here to support you. Stay strong, girl. Sending hugs & prayers your way!

gypsylee
05-24-2017, 01:41 AM
Welcome aboard, girl! I’m so sorry to hear about your struggles. Words seem inadequate to convey my care and concern for you. Depression is a very complex issue that deserves personal and in-depth attention. Would you like to share what triggered you to anxiety? Are you seeing a therapist? In situation like yours, I believe there is no substitute for one-on-one interaction with a caring professional. I just said a prayer for you, and I hope God will provide the comfort and help you need at this time. Remember that you deserve to feel better. You can share your heart out and I’m here to support you. Stay strong, girl. Sending hugs & prayers your way!

I do my version of praying as well :)

I also have a fairly close and honest relationship with my GP and psychiatrist, which makes a big difference.

Littleme123
05-29-2017, 12:53 PM
Thank you for welcoming me - I'm sorry it's taken me so long to reply, I have had a pretty awful week.

I came off my meds about two months ago now on the advice of my doctor. I thought it was fine - everything in my life was going great, and I was really happy. I didn't realise at the time, but what I thought was withdrawal symptoms was actually anxiety and depression flooding back into me.

My anxiety revolves around my wonderful, amazing partner of almost 10 years, and intrusive thoughts about what if I don't love him any more - it's weird, when I came off my meds I started getting all these horrible thoughts about myself, and I just accepted it, but the second those thoughts about my partner came along, I couldn't, and still can't cope.