PDA

View Full Version : Hello there, new to this forum

MichaellaS
11-10-2008, 12:48 PM
G'day everyone, I figured it was about time I stopped lurking around and said hello. So here is my very first post and hopefully the first of many...

northstar
11-10-2008, 03:39 PM
welcome michaellas! i hope you find what you're looking for here :) why don't you tell us something about yourself??

Carla
11-10-2008, 04:58 PM
Hi!
Welcome ! :) Like Northstar said, please tell us something about yourself. I only joined this forum a short while ago and it has been a really big help, and I hope that it can be for you too. :)

antsyang
11-11-2008, 06:32 PM
Hello everyone, I'm so thankful I found this forum. I've been dealing with panic attacks/anxiety for almost two years now. The first panic attack occurred about 4 weeks after I quit nursing my son, who is now 2 and a half years old. The first one I had I was convinced I was having a heart attack, but being the stubborn person I am, I didn't call 911. About three months of trying to deal with holistic remedies, I decided to go the the doctor. The first doctor I seen put me on Prozac. During the second week of taking the medication, I was ready to end my life. I stopped taking them cold turkey and I am scared to death to try any other anti-depressant. I do feel depressed at times, but I don't feel that just because I don't feel happy everyday warrents taking anti-depressants. A lot of people I know that start taking them end up on them for the long haul, and I want to avoid that. I also suffer from severe insomnia and can't sleep without taking xanax. Sadly, it's cheaper than the boatload of money I had spent on herbal remedies and vitamin supplements. Anyways I just wanted to say hello and I look forward to learning and listening to others who are dealing with this disorder. Are there any women here who started having anxiety/panic after having a child? Imbalanced hormones?