PDA

View Full Version : feeling like I'm gonna pass out / stomach sensations

willheal
05-11-2017, 01:20 PM
Today was a bad day for anxiety.

I'm trying to work on being a little bit more resilient, as in function despite what symptoms seem to manifest. It's hard because when the new ones come they feel more intense. Lately I'm getting this sensation like I'm gonna pass out and it comes and goes with some indigestion or something going on with my stomach. I've never passed out before but I feel like with the sudden dizziness and palpitations I'm going to, or that it's gonna get worse.

I had this feeling at a hospital while they had the ekg on me and it turns out I was just A-OK but now that I'm experiencing it at this moment nothing's really consoling me. :/

Anyone have this combination of symptoms? I can tell sometimes when I have indigestion it triggers my anxiety pretty badly. Other times it comes out of the blue just to aggravate me or turn me into a crumbling mess I guess.

Kirk
05-11-2017, 07:49 PM
I was once dizzy every day for 6 weeks. My ENT physician told me that as you age, sometimes the crystals in your ears shift and it takes a while for your brain to catch up, thus the dizziness.

willheal
05-12-2017, 09:09 AM
I've had that one before, too. The really bad sudden episodes of dizziness especially when turning my head and getting up.

It's funny that no matter how many times I go through this experience I still continue to delude myself that something is wrong. Maybe funny is the wrong word. I paced 2 and a half miles today in a living room.

willheal
05-12-2017, 09:11 AM
Also, I think I'm just forever trying to cling onto the idea of having some sort of guarantee that I'm ok. I've had these panic attacks all my life, and the phobias change all the time but I'm still looking for reassurance every step of the way. It's maddening

gypsylee
05-13-2017, 04:56 AM
I've had these panic attacks all my life, and the phobias change all the time but I'm still looking for reassurance every step of the way. It's maddening

Hi Will :)

I know what you mean. I've had anxiety my whole life (I'm 43) and I STILL struggle. I don't get many physical symptoms (compared to some of what I've read on here), just this awful sense of things not being right; "impending doom" as it is often described.

I've read a lot on acceptance and mindfulness, which usually help as I'm reading them and I'm pretty sure are the key to overcoming anxiety, depression (and all negative emotions) but it really is SO HARD to put into practice and just accept the feelings..

All the best,
Gypsy x

Kirk
05-14-2017, 06:28 AM
Dizziness can be very scary and I really don't care for it either.

Kirk
05-14-2017, 06:30 AM
My internal medicine and GI physicians have told me that in medicine their are no guarantees and of course those comments do not help when you have health anxiety or physical symptoms.

willheal
05-15-2017, 07:25 AM
I'm with you both. I'm trying to be accepting of those fact and just go with the flow and not take everything so serious. I have good mornings, and then I have mornings like this where I woke up, felt fine emotionally, but the low hum of adrenaline feelings made me feel like something is wrong, but I'm not sure what. And it goes away/comes back just the same

Bjursten
05-16-2017, 11:12 AM
I'm with you both. I'm trying to be accepting of those fact and just go with the flow and not take everything so serious. I have good mornings, and then I have mornings like this where I woke up, felt fine emotionally, but the low hum of adrenaline feelings made me feel like something is wrong, but I'm not sure what. And it goes away/comes back just the same

I'm with you buddy. I can go a week feeling amazing and happy and like the world is mine, only to wake up on day 8 to the cold sweats and without a clue as to why my body and/or mind has decided I should be suffering with anxiety that day. It's days like that which make me wish I could somehow shutoff my adrenal glands temporarily. Unfortunately the answers are never so easy.

What I find helps me the best is getting out of the house and going to a park and having some "me" time with nature.

aml0017
05-16-2017, 08:39 PM
I have definitely experienced the indigestion, acid reflux for me caused my esophageal sphincter to spasm which kinda felt like my heart skipped a beat or was stopping. Was really scary the first time it happened. Truly after 20 years of dealing with the anxiety I've had every physical symptom there is, it truly doesn't phase me once I really accepted that it is just anxiety. Like gypsy, it is the oppression of the negative emotions and the depression and self doubt that struggle with the most. I have learned to accept the physical part of the anxiety, but I still fall for its lies.

willheal
05-17-2017, 07:52 AM
I have definitely experienced the indigestion, acid reflux for me caused my esophageal sphincter to spasm which kinda felt like my heart skipped a beat or was stopping. Was really scary the first time it happened. Truly after 20 years of dealing with the anxiety I've had every physical symptom there is, it truly doesn't phase me once I really accepted that it is just anxiety. Like gypsy, it is the oppression of the negative emotions and the depression and self doubt that struggle with the most. I have learned to accept the physical part of the anxiety, but I still fall for its lies.

Interesting. One time I was told that there's sometimes no way to differentiate the sensations you have on the inside. Sometimes I get some feelings and I'm thinking indigestion, and other times I will think I'm gonna drop dead from it. Bleh. Who designed this thing anyway?

I have those dark feelings sometimes too, but lately (maybe as a result of being stuck in crisis mode) I don't notice them. They're still there because the bleak overtone of everything comes and goes with the rest of it but the physical sensations seem to take precedence

Bjursten
05-17-2017, 02:56 PM
Interesting. One time I was told that there's sometimes no way to differentiate the sensations you have on the inside. Sometimes I get some feelings and I'm thinking indigestion, and other times I will think I'm gonna drop dead from it. Bleh. Who designed this thing anyway?

I have those dark feelings sometimes too, but lately (maybe as a result of being stuck in crisis mode) I don't notice them. They're still there because the bleak overtone of everything comes and goes with the rest of it but the physical sensations seem to take precedence

Hmm I've never heard of that before, I guess I'll have to go digging. Could explain why I associate my anxiety with severe nausea.