PDA

View Full Version : Work Anxiety Leads to Sexual Performance Anxiety

josh0745
05-04-2017, 07:19 AM
Hello all,

I am writing this post in hopes someone else out there is going through what I'm going through and has found a way to overcome it in their mind.

To make a long story short, I am anxious at work now after being here for five years. I'm an engineer so it's a decently stressful position but I can't take people's criticism anymore, nor them being negative. I feel that everyone working here now around me is extremely negative and critical. Our company isn't doing the best, and they're furloughing us this year so maybe that's feeding into it. Maybe my perception of people is off? I think I started feeling this way due to a couple really bad eggs that I used to work with directly. People really can infect you with their emotions.

Anyway, this anxiety bled it's way over to my home life. I had some sexual anxiety when I was a teenager. Then I met the love of my life and it was smoothing sailing up until about three years ago. My performance anxiety returned, I believe due to all the stress and anxiety I was experiencing at work.

Advice?

Josh

Kirk
05-04-2017, 10:19 AM
Maybe try to look for a new job while you still have one, since you said the company is not doing well anyway.

josh0745
05-04-2017, 10:32 AM
True, I have sent my resume out to a couple places. There are a couple other local options, I would prefer not having to move given my wife's contract at her work along with keeping the kids in one area so we will see how it goes!