PDA

View Full Version : Worried about My Brain Etc.

hellothere310
04-22-2017, 01:32 PM
I don't know whats going on. Sometimes I feel fine like I am ok and sometimes I feel like there is something seriously wrong with me. Ive been suffering from insomnia for a long time and I'm lucky if I get 4 hours of sleep a night. I'm getting chest pains and I keep saying mean things to myself. My body hurts and I worry all the time that there is something wrong with my brain and that I am going to become mentally ill. I was before and recovered but I feel like I've been going through something bad the last few months. Does anyone have any advice? Id appreciate any help. Thankyou.

gypsylee
04-22-2017, 11:18 PM
Hi there hellothere ;)

Well it sounds like textbook anxiety to me. Sleep is always a good indicator, I think.. Especially if you wake up after only a few hours (and it's not because you need the bathroom or something).

Have you seen a doctor about how you feel? It's a good idea to get a full blood test and if you're worried about your heart, an ECG (I had one recently just because I'm over 40). I even wrote a post about getting blood tests because you can be deficient in some vitamin or mineral, or have a thyroid problem or blood glucose problem, and they all make you feel a bit off but are easily treated. So basically you want to rule out those things before embarking on any treatment for anxiety/depression, which is more tricky.

All the best,
Gypsy x