PDA

View Full Version : Freudian Personality Test - Self-Assessment Quiz

Marijana
04-20-2017, 03:49 AM
What do you think about personality test apps? I bought Freudian test on App Store, it seems legit. I believe it was worth the money. Is there anyone who could give me their professional opinion? :)

Freudian Personality Test - Self-Assessment Quiz: itunes.apple.com/us/app/freudian-personality-test-self-assessment-quiz/id1225931061?ls=1&mt=8

Kirk
04-20-2017, 05:10 AM
I may be wrong, but I believe such things should be left to the professionals trained in such tests. Any self diagnosis based on some test may not be accurate and may bring
on unnecessary stress.

Boo Bass
04-20-2017, 05:29 AM
Could you give like two sample questions here?

Freudian stuff belongs to psychotherapy which personally I think works crap for mental health issues. OK for people with correctable personality problems. Even if I discover I had a crush on my own mother, it is not going to help me with my current anxiety.

martin05
04-20-2017, 05:59 PM
Even if I discover I had a crush on my own mother, it is not going to help me with my current anxiety.

True, but it'd bring a new edginess to masturbation.

I kid!

gypsylee
04-20-2017, 09:39 PM
True, but it'd bring a new edginess to masturbation.

I kid!

Your personality test result = Sick Freak.

I like the Myers-Briggs personality test, which is based on Jungian psychology.

Boo Bass
04-21-2017, 12:00 AM
I just did the Myers Briggs online test

didn't understand the result but I think I'm a sick freak

martin05
04-21-2017, 06:15 AM
Your personality test result = Sick Freak.

I like the Myers-Briggs personality test, which is based on Jungian psychology.

Was it Freud that said that's how we develop our sexual preferences, through how our parents were?

Any way, do you have a good link to the M-B test? I'll give it a try.

gypsylee
04-21-2017, 06:20 AM
Haha! There are heaps of Myers-Briggs tests online and some definitely give a better explanation than others. Once you've got your "type" you can just look that up.. Although I got my daughter to do one once and the result itself was ridiculous (I mean, I know her pretty well). So I got her to take a different one and it was much more accurate. So you might need to try a few. The questions are annoying but I do think it's a good personality test.

As for the Sick Freak type.. Only Martin gets that ;)

Boo Bass
04-22-2017, 06:30 AM
Im about to quote Claire Weekes here, but she said psychotherapy was all about finding a cause for your problem in the mistaken belief that finding it will make you better. Although it might be interesting to discover that your parents didn't love you enough as a child, it has rarely helped a patient recover. What with CBT and now ACT, its amazing anyone still practices this quackery. I had a few sessions in the 90s and it was expensive, by about session 4 I had sussed out the guy was just after my money and I told him so, he wasn't very pleased and said if that was true our relationship would fall apart, which it did. For weeks after he sent me nasty letters claiming I owed him money, he had forgotten that I insisted on paying him each time when his strategy was not to take money first time so that you were always in his debt. Nasty piece of work.

martin05
04-22-2017, 04:52 PM
Im about to quote Claire Weekes here, but she said psychotherapy was all about finding a cause for your problem in the mistaken belief that finding it will make you better. Although it might be interesting to discover that your parents didn't love you enough as a child, it has rarely helped a patient recover. What with CBT and now ACT, its amazing anyone still practices this quackery. I had a few sessions in the 90s and it was expensive, by about session 4 I had sussed out the guy was just after my money and I told him so, he wasn't very pleased and said if that was true our relationship would fall apart, which it did. For weeks after he sent me nasty letters claiming I owed him money, he had forgotten that I insisted on paying him each time when his strategy was not to take money first time so that you were always in his debt. Nasty piece of work.

Both of those disciplines are a lot less traumatic, too!

gypsylee
04-22-2017, 09:50 PM
Was it Freud that said that's how we develop our sexual preferences, through how our parents were?

Any way, do you have a good link to the M-B test? I'll give it a try.

Freud said everything comes down to sex. I told him he was a typical male.. ;)

This one is pretty good I think: https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

gypsylee
04-22-2017, 09:54 PM
Actually that might be the shit test. Anyway this is me:

INTJ PERSONALITY (“THE ARCHITECT”)

It’s lonely at the top, and being one of the rarest and most strategically capable personality types, INTJs know this all too well. INTJs form just two percent of the population, and women of this personality type are especially rare, forming just 0.8% of the population– it is often a challenge for them to find like-minded individuals who are able to keep up with their relentless intellectualism and chess-like maneuvering. People with the INTJ personality type are imaginative yet decisive, ambitious yet private, amazingly curious, but they do not squander their energy.

I've taken this test about 20 times using different sources, to be sure of the type :)

martin05
04-23-2017, 01:11 PM
Actually that might be the shit test. Anyway this is me:

INTJ PERSONALITY (“THE ARCHITECT”)

It’s lonely at the top, and being one of the rarest and most strategically capable personality types, INTJs know this all too well. INTJs form just two percent of the population, and women of this personality type are especially rare, forming just 0.8% of the population– it is often a challenge for them to find like-minded individuals who are able to keep up with their relentless intellectualism and chess-like maneuvering. People with the INTJ personality type are imaginative yet decisive, ambitious yet private, amazingly curious, but they do not squander their energy.

I've taken this test about 20 times using different sources, to be sure of the type :)

That's legit.

Ponder couldn't hack you. Every time he was on a thread with you, he found your presence too intense and so ran away with his tail between his legs. Panic also seems to feel his manhood is threatened whenever you're around.

gypsylee
04-23-2017, 10:31 PM
That's legit.

Ponder couldn't hack you. Every time he was on a thread with you, he found your presence too intense and so ran away with his tail between his legs. Panic also seems to feel his manhood is threatened whenever you're around.

They fear my relentless intellectualism ;)

Kirk
04-24-2017, 03:38 AM
Self diagnosis is not a good idea. Diagnosis, if any is warranted, should be left to the professionals.

Boo Bass
04-25-2017, 03:16 AM
Self diagnosis is not a good idea. Diagnosis, if any is warranted, should be left to the professionals.

Actually J.T. these are just goofy personality tests, not self diagnosis for mental illness.

I'm not even sure I trust professionals for diagnosis although they can only act from what the patient tells them and many patients are bad at expressing themselves.

I've only really understood my own mental illness since being in jail for over 2 years, and how it affected all my actions leading up to my arrest. Ni excuse though, the present moment is all that matters and I'm still breathing.

Kirk
04-25-2017, 05:26 AM
I agree with you that some so called professionals are little to no help at all. For example, I have suffered off and on with health anxiety for many years. I once saw a psychiatrist who asked me why I feel the way I do. I felt like saying if I knew that answer, I would not be coming to see you. I did not see him for long as he was a waste of my time and money.

salvator here
04-25-2017, 07:32 AM
All psychiatrists and therapists ever did was waste my money. I kid you not; the medical professionals I've seen used to 'waffle' back and forth on their diagnosis so many times and it used to infuriate me, until I began to realize that they didn't actually have a clue what I had, or how to treat me. They were always just guessing and using trial and error. I would rather go-it-alone. Seems to me they only solution was always psych meds. Also.. I am not good at all at expressing myself correctly/thoroughly I admit it, ESPECIALLY when I am in emotional distress. The oxymoron in that is, I was seeing the therapist BECAUSE I am in mental distress, if I weren't in distress I would need to bee seen in the first place?!?!

I do like these silly tests (like the one I took about being and Empath), sometimes they can be helpful even in some small way, but I don't take them too seriously. Okay, I did get an online psychic reading once and was devastated at the results. LOL :D