PDA

View Full Version : Can anxiety cause unpleasant euphoria surges?

panica
04-15-2017, 04:05 PM
As the topic says...Can anxiety cause unpleasant euphoria surges?
Im constantly anxious and can sometimes get euphoric or orgasmic feeling trough the body,but,it,feels unpleasant and it feels like im going to lose control and do something bad.
Someone more experience this??? is it adrenaline rushes?

martin05
04-15-2017, 07:38 PM
Oh yeah. Many people with anxiety start believing they have mania because the random highs can be so strange and so intense. I remember getting them myself. Sadly, crippling lows would often follow.

It's perfectly normal. And don't worry about the fear of losing control, either. That's really common among those with anxiety disorders. You won't lose control. You have so many mechanisms deep inside your brain that'll keep you on the straight and narrow, no matter how much it feels otherwise.

Teafrenzy
04-16-2017, 06:48 PM
Yes I definitely had euphoria episodes. I don't get them anymore, but I do get some mood swings.

I remember I got my euphoria episode in a shopping mall, I started talking with everyone. They must have thought I was high on drugs.

willheal
04-20-2017, 12:49 PM
I used to get them as a kid. I imagine the same weird mental dynamic that creates negative feelings can create positive ones too. It felt like a runner's high, but better because I didn't have to run. :)

panica
04-21-2017, 02:49 PM
Thank you all for your replies!
Good to know it's not just me

MiST
04-21-2017, 02:58 PM
Try to chill and not panic. You'll be alright..;)

metal4life
04-22-2017, 02:30 AM
Yeah, its like getting hyed out of knowere but it doesnt last long for me.

TheOriginalFox
04-22-2017, 04:37 AM
I get these occasionally, and i absolutely love when it happens tbh.

I've been suffering SA for about 3 years now and it has only gotten progressively worse to the point i'm starting to fear leaving the house...

However, every now and then, i get a massive burst of euphoria. I can't really explain it, it's like i'm just incredibly happy & have beome 'the old me' again. I feel lighter, i sometimes get pins and needles and totally understand what you mean by the 'full body orgasmic feeling'. I get totally hyped to energetic music, rave and dance like nobody is watching, walk confidently, get s**t done and the best bit is i can talk to just about anybody without any fear.

What i hate, is these episodes only last an hour, maybe 2, then anxiety slowly creeps back in and tells me what a fool i must look like and that I just need to get home and think about what I've done...

Swyv
04-24-2017, 09:38 AM
I welcome any euphoria or calmness. I welcome anything other than apathy, anxiety, fear and sadness to be honest.

gypsylee
04-24-2017, 10:32 PM
...then anxiety slowly creeps back in and tells me what a fool i must look like and that I just need to get home and think about what I've done...

Haha.. It's such a kill-joy.

aml0017
04-25-2017, 10:40 AM
Could be mania, or just surges of different hormones. At first I thought it sounded kind of like depersonalization or derealization, and it might be, google it if you've never heard of it. I experience that a lot including that lightness and out of body sensation, also pins and needles feeling and buzzing ears. It is strange and somewhat calming but not quite euphoric. I mean, I've never danced about or talked to strangers or anything lol. What exactly about it is unpleasant? If it comes and goes I wouldn't worry about it, anxiety can have some strange symptoms. I notice my mood waxes and wanes over time though the change is always subtle over weeks and months.