PDA

View Full Version : I wish I could just relax

Daisy_Love
04-09-2017, 07:37 PM
I am stuck in a endless cycle of flashbacks of certain situations and the stuck reanalyzing them over and over in my head consitantly every single day. This is non stop. All I want to do is not have to think, because that is all I seem to do. It truly sucks and I wish I could be able to make my anxiety thoughts go away. I just want to sit here and not have a million things rushing through my brain. I wish I could just relax.

JonB
04-10-2017, 12:48 AM
Hi Daisy, have you come across Eckhart Tolle's book The Power of Now.

This had a powerful effect on me on being able to observe and break my continuos negative thought stream.

I've posted an excerpt from the book on my FB page... a couple of days ago... which shows a small and simple technique in the book that was a major shift for me to deal with the throught-after-thought-after-thought.... https://www.facebook.com/fear2fearless/

gypsylee
04-10-2017, 10:05 PM
Hi Daisy,

I think pretty much everyone here wishes they could "just relax" :)

I've been anxious my whole life and I'm 43 now. I'm generally better (especially since I stopped drinking) but I still have bouts of debilitating anxiety, which seem to come out of nowhere. It helps to realise that humans evolved to *survive* not to be happy or relaxed. In fact, if you were too relaxed in prehistoric times you'd soon be dinner for a sabre-toothed tiger or something. The problem is our brains haven't quite caught on to the fact that we're safe from predators now. So our flight/fight mechanism sort of doesn't know what to do with itself and then we freak out because we're anxious, and it becomes this awful vicious circle.

Anyway, I hope you find some support here..

Cheers,
Gypsy x