PDA

View Full Version : Brainspotting... any experiences?

JonB
04-01-2017, 02:28 AM
I've just started using a technique developed off the back of EMDR called Brainspotting. It seems to be much simpler than EMDR and can be done on your own.

I've had some interesting intial responses to my own personal use of it.

I was wondering if anyone else had come across and used it either themselves or with a therapist?

It may be more popular in the US. I'm in the UK and there seem to be very few therapists trained in it.

gypsylee
04-02-2017, 10:25 PM
Hi there :)

No, I haven't heard of either of them, but I've just read some bits and pieces and it's very interesting!

There don't seem to be many therapists trained in it here either (Australia). Can you tell us more about your experiences?

Cheers,
Gypsy x

salvator here
04-03-2017, 02:46 PM
Never heard of it until now, I'll read up on it.

JonB
04-03-2017, 03:36 PM
This isn't the technique I mentioned in the other thread, that is something completely new.

Brainspotting is very good at working with Trauma. Although they do recommend doing this with a trained therapist.

Details can be found at the web site brainspotting dot pro. There's a report link on there that has an interesting comparison of various techniques where Brainspottting significantly out performed others.

The book is available on Amazon.

I've been watching some videos of the technique being applied which is available through Udemy.