PDA

View Full Version : What's your daily routine?

Ponder
03-21-2017, 02:38 PM
Do you even have one?

anxiouspigeon
03-21-2017, 05:14 PM
No, but I need to make one and stick to it.

Forever a procrastinator who never follows through...

MainerMikeBrown
03-21-2017, 05:22 PM
Everyday my routine is different, as I do volunteer work most days, but most days I'm doing something different for volunteer work.

On Tuesdays I volunteer at a food pantry, Thursdays I volunteer at a library, and Fridays at an organic agricultural farm.

Ponder
03-21-2017, 09:52 PM
I like voluntary work when able to do it. Might look into again myself. I pretty much go haywire without a routine. Procrastination is a hurdle for myself as well. I find keeping my routine flexible and switching it around a few times helps to keep me focused most of the time. I've been volunteering my time simply by visiting some of the people I have met at my group therapy from time to time. ATM taking my grandson out every 2nd day for a walk, walking with a friend in between that. Keeping my place reasonable tidy and also working on my health in other areas. Meditation is also something I have been focusing on of late. I'm looking into teaching one of my daughters to drive. That's more than enough for me. Discounting my food prep, PC time and of course TV! ;) I usually wake 5am and go to bed 9pm. No more phone or mobile devices in my room. Have backed off my exercise but always looking forward to switching it up when well rested.

MainerMikeBrown
03-25-2017, 09:23 AM
My weekly routine also includes me not doing much most Sundays. I like having Sundays as days that I take it easy and not do much.

Ponder
03-25-2017, 04:32 PM
Sounds like a plan to me. Raining here at the moment. (Sunday) I might just tie up some lose ends but in a way that's neither here no there.

Teafrenzy
03-26-2017, 08:05 PM
My routine:

Starting at sleep. Sometimes I get tired around 11pm, but usually I go to bed around midnight-1am.

I wake up during the night. This was worse even one month ago. But now I seem to connect a good 5-6 hours or if I wake up, I quickly go back to sleep again.

Wake up around 9am. But I can't seem to pull myself out of bed. I usually get out by around 10:30. Just don't want to face the day again.

Get out of bed, take a shower, eat breakfast, check news on the internet.

My anxiety prevents me from relaxing so I go for a walk or a drive.

I come back and I exercise again, swim or do eliptical.

I eat a late lunch.

I do my best to watch tv without feeling overly anxious,

Go for another drive, do an activity like shopping.

When night comes I can relax a bit and watch some tv.

I go to bed again.

MainerMikeBrown
03-29-2017, 02:21 PM
Sometimes winter snow and ice storms interfere with my routine, as I don't want to be driving to a volunteer job when the roads are dangerous.

But that's one of the down sides to living in snowy and cold Maine.

Jull
03-30-2017, 02:38 AM
Go to school in the morning
Have lunch
Go to work at afternoon
And then in the evening, I have dinner with my family and watch movies, chat with friends :)

BlessedBackyard
03-30-2017, 06:06 PM
I got a puppy September last year, and he's helped some with a routine. Up around 6:30, go for a morning walk, take him to the next-door puppy playmates from 10-3, home for another walk. Bed around 9 or 11, depending on husband's work schedule. I would do better if I had a routine for household tasks and health improvement things, but I haven't gotten there yet. Pre-puppy, the depression and anxiety were much worse. That was when I watched TV until the early morning hours and slept much of the day.

willheal
03-31-2017, 07:01 AM
I have a semi-fixed routine but my work varies and I have sleep issues. Even though I've been working on getting better my anxiety makes me unreliable. I work from home & all my stuff is done on a computer.

It's very important for me to schedule blocks of time where I work, and others where I get up to move around, do other things, or exercise. Otherwise I get caught up and work forever. I sometimes get up and get a rush of blood and everything from sitting too much at the computer if I don't do that. So I started working out and now I can move around & get up without issues. I feel a ton better.

Normally in the morning I make myself eat (even if I'm not hungry) because I know my body needs it. I'll have a smallish portion of something relatively healthy and wholesome. I schedule the rest of my meals around lulls in my work and I make sure not to skip anything because I know it makes me feel bad.

I only started making these changes recently but they've already broken some of the really bad issues I've observed. Sometimes it's difficult to stick to it. I'll feel awful and I'll procrastinate or never switch to a new thing that I'm supposed to do. I'm not lazy just messed up :P

I usually work in 2 hour sprints and take a standing break every 25 minutes. I use the pomodoro technique to make sure I stick to it. During the middle of the day I sometimes stop for an hour to read, or do something meditative or relaxing to break up the day.

The only thing I'm really missing is a social life, but that's what the internet is for right?