PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had their panic symptoms suddenly change after years?

KatieWorries
03-15-2017, 07:45 PM
Hello, I have had panic disorder for 17 years. I have gotten very used to how panic attacks feel within my body. Usually my symptoms involve dizziness, blurred vision, and nausea. When in panic mode those symptoms usually make me fear that I have an aneurysm and am about to drop over. The panic brain is not a rational one. This has been normal for me for 17 years, until this past November when the chest pains started. I have never had chest pains or chest related symptoms with my panic at all. However, I have now had several attacks, including one today, that all involve some sort of heartburny feeling pain or shooting pain in my chest that leads straight into panic because I fear I am having a heart attack. I actually went to the ER back in November when that first bad one happened. They found nothing wrong. I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else has had their physical symptoms suddenly change or if I should be worried that there is something medically wrong?

anxious86
03-15-2017, 08:12 PM
I have had my symptoms change. From time to time. I've had anxiety/panic for about 13 years and I get chest pains as well and think I'm going to have a heart attack. A lot of people I know personally or have seen online get that. You're okay. Especially if you went to the doctor and got checked out. Sorry you're having panic attacks. I know it sucks. I hope you don't get them anymore soon.

Synner
03-18-2017, 06:37 AM
You should always get checked out by your doctor when new symptoms arise, just in case. That being said, it's perfectly normal to develop new symptoms. That's actually how I found this forum.

willheal
03-18-2017, 08:57 PM
Symptom shifting! I am posting for the first time in a really long time right now because I am going through the same thing. Long period of anxiety with specific symptoms. One night last week I started having heart symptoms and I couldn't control the panic that ensued. Awful. I hope you acclimate soon.

martin05
03-19-2017, 08:53 AM
Oh sure. The doctor check up idea was a good one.