PDA

View Full Version : I am a complete failure!

anxiouspigeon
03-14-2017, 03:25 PM
Hey guys,

My anxiety is out the roof right now. I've got so much on my plate with work and school that I feel like I'm doing nothing but failing at both. I've tried to start living a more positive and peaceful life and it's worked for a little while. However, yesterday was the first day that I really felt negative emotions since I started my positive outlook. Today, as well, I had a rough time at work and even came home and broke down and cried. I went over my school assignments and grades and realized that I'm doing poorly there too. My heart feels like it's about to explode and I'm so scared and worried about EVERYTHING!

I'm not sure what to do. I know that feeling like a failure means I'll end up being a REAL failure...but I am having so much trouble getting out of this mindset. Help?

John Spiker
03-14-2017, 03:36 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your struggles. I too, have had seasons of my life where I was deeply concerned with failing. The best thing you can do is face your fears with the encouragement of friends and family. Don't try to handle of your stress alone. I recently bought the book "flip the Script on Fear" off of amazon and it had some helpful strategies for addressing failure and anxiety.

anxiouspigeon
03-14-2017, 05:29 PM
Thank you for the reply John!

Anne1221
03-15-2017, 09:42 PM
To feel like you're a failure does NOT mean you're going to be a failure. If you read stories of people who went on to do great things, they all had feelings of being a failure at times. However, they did not quit, they persevered and worked hard and kept going. The only way to be a failure is to stop trying, and if you're like me, you'll may be anxious but you can keep trying.

Amaze0707
03-15-2017, 10:33 PM
That must be hard for you, anxiouspigeon. Remember, you are not a failure, you are only going through a difficult time right now. I agree with John that you should not face this struggle alone. If you have trusted friends or family members, share with them. If not, you may consider seeking help from a professional counselor/therapist. Tony Evans’ book, Let It Go!: Breaking Free from Fear and Anxiety is a great help, too. I'm praying that you get better soon! Take care!