PDA

View Full Version : Hello! Good news but how does this work?

FloraRistic123
03-02-2017, 09:09 AM
Diagnosis : GAD
Treatment : Psychiatry - Sleep test + CBT

How does CBT works? Google has to many infos, make it short please :)

And I'm sorry if the way I talk here seems funny or out of mood because ya'll know, I am blaming my anxiety. I hate using anxiety as an excuse but luckily, so far I haven't. I only use it as an excuse today because after going through medical check ups this week, the doctors notice this, "I'm beginning to lie a lot like only if I panic so no truth is discovered so because my lies gets way off, I have to do CBT as if I'm doing hearing at the court and that's only because I always feel like I'm being judged, it's scary. I also do feel like there's so many walls closing on me when comes to serious talk that I know I can't deal." I don't have to explain that I lie, the doctors know I'm lying and guilt is ugly. Anyone who has guessed my diagnosis and treatment right, congrats to ya haha! :D

FISH NUGGETS. *5 mins later, freaks out* HOW CAN THEY SEE I'M LYING.

Synner
03-02-2017, 09:50 AM
As I understand it, CBT is essentially a logic based approach to treatment. For instance, if a symptom is "my heart pounds and pounds and it feels like I'm going to have a heart attack", CBT says to weigh the evidence in your mind. How many times this has happened to you versus how many times you've had a heart attack. It basically says your body is responding appropriately to fear, but the problem is you're wrong about the fear. So CBT seeks to retrain your mind to deal with the irrational fears rather than focusing on the symptoms themselves. Any expert here can of course feel free to correct me. :)

gypsylee
03-02-2017, 09:58 AM
fish nuggets. *5 mins later, freaks out* how can they see i'm lying.

lol wot? ;)

(Edit: Why does the formatting change sometimes?)

Teafrenzy
03-02-2017, 05:02 PM
As I understand it, CBT is essentially a logic based approach to treatment. For instance, if a symptom is "my heart pounds and pounds and it feels like I'm going to have a heart attack", CBT says to weigh the evidence in your mind. How many times this has happened to you versus how many times you've had a heart attack. It basically says your body is responding appropriately to fear, but the problem is you're wrong about the fear. So CBT seeks to retrain your mind to deal with the irrational fears rather than focusing on the symptoms themselves. Any expert here can of course feel free to correct me. :)

Well sort of, my understanding of CBT is basically retraining the way you think about your anxiety and its symptoms. Basically, training yourself to not think about the anxiety and then passive resistance when symptoms occur - combined with positive thinking.

The idea is the more you dwell on your anxiety and worry about your symptoms, the more you stress the body and the more they persist.

FloraRistic123
03-02-2017, 08:46 PM
thanks guys. also is anybody else afraid to open up their feelings? its not my type. i won't know how to describe with a messy minds, seriously.