PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety, my hell.

Jaylaree213
03-02-2017, 04:16 AM
Hello fellow anxiety sufferers.

This is my second time posting in the forum.

Im at my limit with my anxiety and feel defeated.
Struggled for 4 years and recently gave recovery all i had to no prevail. Im sure everyone who suffers intense anxiety and panic at some point loses hope, but i am sick and tired of trying.

My quality of life is horrible. Im miserable. :(

gcltr777
03-02-2017, 09:24 AM
Hello fellow anxiety sufferers.

This is my second time posting in the forum.

Im at my limit with my anxiety and feel defeated.
Struggled for 4 years and recently gave recovery all i had to no prevail. Im sure everyone who suffers intense anxiety and panic at some point loses hope, but i am sick and tired of trying.

My quality of life is horrible. Im miserable. :(

This really hits home for me. I know exactly how you feel. I've felt defeated so many times in my 20yrs of dealing with this.

I've drank it away (not suggested at all, and been sober almost 3wks now). I've tried to 'escape' (by living in video games in my 20's), but bills have to be paid. Tried sleeping it away (that never worked well, and bills...).

Right now as I sit, I feel somewhat defeated. Dealing with OCD anxiety over things that haven't happened yet and may not happen at all. But we 'push' on.

I would get so upset when my wife would tell me to 'fake it' for family or outings or whatever. But, the more I did, the more I saw the effect on them, and that helped in a weird way.

I want to say to try prayer. Honestly, that's what has worked for me the most. Don't know your situation or clinical/situational position, but there's power in asking God for help. When the drugs, alcohol, escaping, etc. just doesn't cut it anymore, that has helped me the most.

I said in another post, that in a way, I should feel grateful that this is my 'disability' in life. So many others deal with so much worse in life (and then anxiety and depression on top of their existing problems). We have methods, medication if need be, support (that may have to be searched for), but we can break the defeat if we try. (and I know trying is ridiculously hard), but at least we can. My friend with cerebral palsy cannot 'try'... he has been in a wheel chair with limited function of his hands for 45yrs now. There is no trying for him to get 'better'... I think of him and what he has said in the past.

We just have to try and feel 'better'. It's our trial in life.

God bless and have strength through 'trying'.

gypsylee
03-02-2017, 09:48 AM
Hi again Jaylaree,

I get so sick of it I actually go "f#%k off anxiety!!!" out loud sometimes. That's usually when I can't sleep for the millionth time and feel like smashing things. So please know that you aren't the only one out there.

Gypsy x

marthalewis
03-02-2017, 03:25 PM
One of the most popular health benefits of lavender is to help you get rid of anxiety and depression quickly.
In the past, the effectiveness of lavender in the treatment for neurological issues was widely known.
And this benefit has received support from many scientific studies lately.
Lavender oil might provide a quick relief for depression and anxiety.
This makes lavender outweigh pharmaceutical drugs which have the same impacts but often result in some problems later.
Inhalation of lavender in a month was effective enough for the prevention against anxiety

magicmarcus
03-02-2017, 09:46 PM
hey there... i can totally relate to your struggles.

here is a little video i made that i think may help you with your anxiety / alcohol issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LqWRCanoiY

i am not a typical "recovery" person... although it is my biggest priority to not drink... not because i cant but because i no longer want to... the key for me was letting the anxiety be what it is... and not trying to control it... and in giving up the control you find freedom.

khanna
03-03-2017, 07:38 PM
Very sad to hear that some of you feel so defeated and hopeless.

I am wondering, do you have support from your family in getting better?

Do you think you are burden to others because of your anxiety?