PDA

View Full Version : I need advice

polychromous
02-28-2017, 05:18 PM
Are heart palpitations normal during panic attacks? I haven't had panic attacks for a long time but I've been starting to have them again and they usually start with them. I get the palpitations (probably from thinking about them...) and then I panic in fear that I may die from them. Then come the chills and shaking.

Teafrenzy
02-28-2017, 05:26 PM
Are heart palpitations normal during panic attacks? I haven't had panic attacks for a long time but I've been starting to have them again and they usually start with them. I get the palpitations (probably from thinking about them...) and then I panic in fear that I may die from them. Then come the chills and shaking.

Yes those are some of the most common symptoms of panic attacks.

polychromous
02-28-2017, 05:27 PM
Thank you so much, I'm relieved to hear that.

motojjp
02-28-2017, 05:31 PM
I used to get them every night when I laid down to go to sleep.....which kind of makes you NOT sleep. I found some light meditation and breathing exercises helped me.

polychromous
02-28-2017, 05:42 PM
Thank you for sharing your experience! It's been happening to me at the same time every day (3 PM or so) and it makes me want to just take a nap and wake up tomorrow to see if it'll get any better. I'll have to try some meditation someday.

Amaze0707
02-28-2017, 09:01 PM
As PP said, it is a classic sign of panic attack. I’m glad you are thinking about medication. How about seeing a therapist? Hope you get the right help soon, and get better each day. Praying for you!

polychromous
03-02-2017, 05:49 PM
I haven't been thinking about therapy, solely because I haven't had many great experiences with therapy. Maybe it would help, but I wont know until I try! Thank you for your kind wishes, I wish you the same.