PDA

View Full Version : Sleep schedule is causing me problems, don't know what to do

Anxiousexplosion
02-26-2017, 04:37 AM
I have a schedule that is a bit unpredictable, some days I have to be up earlier than others, so the times I go to bed vary, and thus it worsens my anxiety, so I feel tired during the day, and often nap.

It's like I'm caught in a nasty cycle, but how can I fix it?

If I go to bed at a different time each day, I'm prone to nightmares/sleep paralysis, or just more anxiety throughout the day in general.

It's just exacerbating my anxiety to the point where I don't feel like doing anything, it sucks the life out of me.

Teafrenzy
02-26-2017, 12:23 PM
I would just go to bed early every single day, if you wake up earlier then you need to, read a book or watch tv or something.

BrilliantSide
02-26-2017, 02:36 PM
Is there anyway you could change your schedule so sleep is more predictable?

I assume you are in school or perhaps you have a job with a crazy schedule. If that's the case, is there anyway you could change it so you are going to sleep more consistently.

I say this because although there are some things you could do to help (like taking frequent naps like you are already doing), probably the best answer would be to fix what is causing your broken sleep schedule. Have you read the book the "Sleep Revolution" by Arriana Huffington? It's pretty enlightening about sleep and how crucial it is to living a good life.

Anxiousexplosion
02-27-2017, 02:29 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. And no, I have no way to make it more predictable, which is what sucks even more.

I'm not sure what to call it, but, if I sleep at a time that's different than the (semi usual) pattern I've had, I will wake up, and temporarily forget what day, or time it is, sometimes where I am, it comes back to me quickly, but I may feel a bit disoriented in respect to how the day feels, like, how the timing of how things normally are is whacked.

It effects my anxiety levels also.

Anxiousexplosion
02-27-2017, 02:34 AM
Problem
Being, I never know if I'm going to have a long weekend of working that goes from Friday to Tuesday, where I must be up early each morning, or a weekend where I don't have to work at all. There isn't much forewarning.

Kirk
02-27-2017, 06:06 AM
My wife has an odd schedule also. Some days she may work 7am to 2pm, while others she may work 3pm to 9pm or 8am to 9pm, etc.
She gets tired and when she is off she just relaxes quite a bit. Her schedule is not fixed either.