PDA

View Full Version : Night time...

Music_lover
11-02-2008, 10:01 AM
My anxiety, is getting wrose I think. At night, now, its really hard for me to be out, in cars, walking, even at other peoples' homes where I felt okay before. I'm starting to just stay home more and more and if I do go out, I come home early.

I was wondering, does anyone else feel like this? Or just more anxious at night in general?

GetRidOfAnxiety
11-02-2008, 10:15 AM
I used to feel like you, i was getting 80% of my attacks at night, until i did what i leanrned from a guide i purchased online, and from the moment i tried it, it really helped, now i almost don't get any attacks at all.

Don't feel alone, there are thousands of people feeling the same.

Cheers.

Carla
11-04-2008, 10:59 AM
Hello!
When I first got anxiety, I found that early evenings 5pm up until about 8pm were the worst time. It was an awful time of the day for being more anxious than the rest of the day! I avoided people and going places too. However, I then found it changed course of its own accord, and it became the mornings when I felt the most anxious. I dont know why it changed pattern, as there was nothing I was doing back then that would have got rid of the evening anxiety. I still awaken in the mornings with anxiety but it starts to go away as soon as I get out of bed, get a shower and eat a llittle breakfast. I find that I tend to wind down naturally during the evenings and therefore maybe that helps. I now look forward to sleeping and switching off. Have you looked into what time you are eating your evening meal, what type of food you are eating. Is it before or after eating when you feel most anxious. Is there anything that you are doing or eating or drinking in the day which could cause the anxiety to be worse at night? Could you maybe take a warm bath, have a hot milky drink, watch a favourite film, listen to calming music and do all the relaxing things that there are to help you? I find having a routine, as boring as that may sound, helps massively. I dont go hungry now before I eat my evening meal, because I feel so much worse when I am hungry. I try and keep my sugar levels constant. Is there anything you can think of that may cause your anxiety to be worse at night? I hope it gets better for you soon.

serenadin
11-05-2008, 11:10 PM
Music Lover,

It always helps to understand WHY you experience something. Understanding it makes you realize that you can grasp it - if only in meaning.

So...

Anxiety is a stress about something in the FUTURE. You can not be anxious about something that IS happening to you now. IMPOSSIBLE. Whens the last time you were anxious about your lover leaving you AS THEY LEAVE YOU? Last time you were anxious about your car breaking down AS IT BREAKS DOWN???

IMPOSSIBLE.

What i'm telling you is that your anxiety is because you are letting your mind drift into the future... about something that can POTENTIALLY happen.

AND at night... your friends are asleep, businesses are closed, you're not so energetic... you feel utterly disempowered... BUT you have all the time in the world to WORRY!!!

THAT is why your anxiety gets worse at night. And yes... there are many ways to stop going there.

Carla
11-06-2008, 04:56 AM
Hi.
I think people probably can get anxious about events in the past and also about present events. I guess I can't speak for everyone but personally speaking I can get very anxious about current issues. If a relationship starts to fail I can get anxious over that right there and then. If my car breaks down I get anxious over that too. Thats just my perspective though and everyone is different I realise.

culljosh
11-08-2008, 10:02 PM
My anxiety, is getting wrose I think. At night, now, its really hard for me to be out, in cars, walking, even at other peoples' homes where I felt okay before. I'm starting to just stay home more and more and if I do go out, I come home early.

I was wondering, does anyone else feel like this? Or just more anxious at night in general?

Yes. I have felt like this before, and when nobody is home you kind of
wanna go where ever family is.
It truly is a weak feeling. As in your Name 'Music" will help.

I started to pay more attention to relaxing more at home also.
Music is a must. I suggest a band like Explosions in The Sky
and lite breathing and relaxation methods.

Cheers!

serenadin
11-10-2008, 01:07 PM
Hi.
I think people probably can get anxious about events in the past and also about present events. If a relationship starts to fail I can get anxious over that right there and then. If my car breaks down I get anxious over that too.

Hi Carla, actually, if a relationship starts to fail, you

1. feel stress about the rift (now)
2. feel anxious about how to fix it (FUTURE) ... how much worse it will get (FUTURE))

If a car breaks down... you

1. Stress about your broken car. (now)
2. Feel anxious about how youre going to get off of the road (Future)... how you are going to get to where you are going (future).. how you are going to fix the car and pay for it (FUTURE).

Anxiety is a FUTURE THING. Stress is a NOW thing.

I'm creating a clear line so that you can see how much EXTRA UNNECESSARY emotional pressure we all put on ourselves. When you deal with a breakup... its stressful... PREliving a hypothetical event over and over in your mind... just multiplies that stress AND DOESNT SOLVE IT. You know you'll end up paying to fix or buy a new car. Paying is stressful. Dont PRE-live that event... this is called anxiety. TOTALLY preventable using

1. a little mental discipline and

2. staying busy with things that cause you STRESS NOW... so you cant think about the Anxiety of FUTURE.

In Asia... staying in the present, saying in the now consciousness is done by savoring every flavor in the tea. feeling every wisp in that breeze. feeling every grain of sand under each foot step. Stay in the present... THEN, you may have stress... but never any anxiety.