PDA

View Full Version : Please someone help!

Packman
02-07-2017, 06:23 PM
I just recently found the forum so I am new. I really need some advice from people who can understand what I am going through. I have no one in my life who I can relate to or lean on for help. I am at the end of my road. I am so tired of being scared all the time. I don't know why I am scared I just am! If I take a breath and wheeze I feel like I am going to die. If I have a pain anywhere near my chest I become incapacitated and I cannot function because I feel like I am having a heart attack. I feel light headed constantly. The world around me seems to shift and move. When I finally force myself to drive I feel like the car is drifting off the road. If I take a bite of food and it doesn't go down just exactly right I will start freeking out and lose control. I just can't feel this way anymore. I realize the things I have described seem crazy but they are a part of my everyday life. I set and cry all the time worried about my wife and kids. I want to just be calm for once. I want to be with my family without acting so crazy. I have the best wife in the world and wonderful children. If I can't think of anything else to freak out over I will just start crying and wondering if they know how much I love them. And will they be ok when I am gone? Please help me! Please point me in the right direction. All my doctor has done is put me on Zoloft. It's not helping but he doesn't want to put me on anything else. Is there help out there for someone like me?

gypsylee
02-07-2017, 07:05 PM
Hey and welcome :)

Zoloft and the SSRIs take a long time to kick in - in my experience 3 to 8 weeks. For the first few weeks they also make you worse.

There is plenty of help though for "someone like you"! So much so, you'll be amazed I think..

All the best,
Gypsy x

barbimay
02-08-2017, 02:12 AM
Hi Packman and welcome
How long have you been on zoloft? you will find some great support on this site. Anxiety is a weird thing, I hope you find answers soon.

barbimay
02-08-2017, 02:21 AM
That is a wonderful, encouraging reply Gypsylee. ;)

tiredoffeelinganxious
02-08-2017, 06:24 AM
I've learned recently that SSRIs can definitely make you feel worse at first. So hang in there! Are you seeing a therapist by any chance? I was so against talking to someone but I finally gave in because I was at my wit's end.

I feel the same way as you-sometimes, I don't even know what I am scared of? I'm just scared!

The Intolerable Kid
02-08-2017, 06:38 AM
If zoloft ends up not working for you, xanax might be of help. I found it useful. Sorry you're having a rough time.

RoadToRecovery
02-08-2017, 11:26 AM
Packman,

I am so sorry to hear of your current struggle. Anxiety disorder can be completely debilitating and can get so out of control, it can nearly impact every area of your life. I've been there. But I also want you to know that there is hope and you can recover from your anxiety disorder with the right help, information, dedication, patience, and support.

I recently wrote a very lengthy reply to a forum member's post, explaining my background and struggle with the disorder, and what has helped me to recover. It will probably take 10-15 minutes of your time to read, but I would encourage you to read it. It could potentially change your life for the better.

It is located currently on p.2 of the general discussion forum. Forum post is "Help!" by Jaylaree213. Also, you can get to the page from this link:

http://anxietyforum.net/forum/showthread.php?36111-Help!

gypsylee
02-08-2017, 02:35 PM
That is a wonderful, encouraging reply Gypsylee. ;)

Thanks barbimay :)

My anxiety became debilitating in 1993.. So compared to then the amount of support is amazing!

Amaze0707
02-08-2017, 10:39 PM
Hi and welcome to the site, Packman! I’m so sorry for the struggle you are going through. Anxiety certainly is a complex issue and hard to deal with, and I’m glad you found this forum. It’s a great place to pour your heart out. People here are caring and understanding, and I’m sure you’ll find encouraging responses. A counselor or a therapist are of great help too. Praying that you get better soon.