PDA

View Full Version : You're All a Bunch of Drama Queens

PanicCured
02-01-2017, 10:09 PM
I mean this is a light and funny way, but seriously, I see a lot of Drama Queens here who really need to reel it in a bit. The sky is not falling, Chicken Little! How about breath in, slowly breath out, and just chill for a second! Some of you really just over complicate this whole anxiety thing. Sometimes you got to just keep it simple and relax!

WOW! Learn to laugh at yourself, it's good for you.

fixmybrokenmind
02-02-2017, 10:44 AM
First off I want to agree that life doesn't need to be taken so seriously and it is something I have learned over the years to be beneficial.

On the other hand if you have been through an anxiety disorder you should know yourself it is often not so simple to 'just relax'. Many people aren't dramatic they have just never dealt with these things before. I have dealt with anxiety for over 10 years and it took me at least 5 before I learned anything about it or even methods to control it, when I knew nothing about it I admit it was scary as hell.

Don't forget not everyone deals with these experiences the same way or even has the same experiences. Anxiety comes in many shapes and sizes.

KitKat8
02-02-2017, 08:13 PM
I was always told to "reel it in" when I was young. I was always told to calm down and that I was getting on peoples' nerves. I was a drama queen, a whiner, etc. Nobody used to understand anxiety disorders. I am sure I was not the only one who was asked if I had autism or if I was mentally handicapped. I'm not going to lie or sugarcoat it, it was hard. I'm not making my anxiety up or craving attention. In reality, I do not go a day without a panic attack. I have definitely learned to cope with them and they are now just a part of life, but it is still difficult.

One of the reasons these forums are created is to share our experiences, to be ourselves.
Please be respectful of others, we have all had different experiences and backgrounds. Let people rant and if you do not think it is appropriate, you can contact the moderators.
If you do not like it, do not read it.

Kudzu2
02-02-2017, 08:50 PM
Oh right, I'd never considered not worrying was an option. Thanks for pointing that out. Piss off.

PanicCured
02-02-2017, 09:19 PM
So in the thread about how you are all Drama Queens, you come on here and act like Drama Queens.

See how you took this out of context and exaggerated? Of course not just saying relax cures anxiety. Jeeeesh, lots of drama fo yo mama!

Kudzu2
02-02-2017, 09:30 PM
Got anything better to do besides troll people looking for support?

PanicCured
02-02-2017, 10:02 PM
Got anything better to do besides troll people looking for support?

I was not trolling. I was trying to present an opportunity to get people to see the lighter side of it all. Support is not the main thing you need, what you need is strategies to get better. Being able to step back and see it's all a big joke, can be a helpful exercise.

gypsylee
02-02-2017, 10:18 PM
Projection much, PC?

You're the biggest drama queen I've ever seen on this forum and (as you love to point out) I've been here for three years "using it like social media", so I've seen a fair bit. Most people who come here are just trying to connect with others who understand what they're going through. You're the one who throws tantrums because they don't treat your stickies as gospel and "cure" themselves, then never come back.

barbimay
02-03-2017, 03:33 AM
This is interesting...I have anxiety and I have a severe pulmonary hypertension (elevated pressures in the lungs) progressive rare lung disease resulting from lupus, which has resulted in talks of double lung and heart transplant. This is certainly not a joke for me, and I don't think I am a drama queen, just a person wanting advice on how to cope with this along with a rather uncertain and often negative prognosis. Don't need sympathy, but advice, and yes coping strategies .There has been valuable advice re herbal supplements etc and some wonderful insight from people posting, and I am very thankful.

barbimay
02-03-2017, 03:44 AM
However, it is true that learning to make light of situations is a big help, even when confronting serious issues. some people naturally have that ability, others have to want to learn it. I wish you all well, and thanks again to all of you were able to give advice.

Kirk
02-03-2017, 05:04 AM
Each persons individual situation is different so it is not logical to make such a blanket statement.

The Intolerable Kid
02-03-2017, 06:11 AM
I think I'm more of a Drama Court Jester....

DizzyPixie
02-03-2017, 08:32 AM
I laugh at my anxiety sometimes and I think nobody should take themselves so seriously, it would save us from many complexes, but sometimes it makes me feel so bad that I can't do it, and this forum is the only place, besides the therapist's office (where I can't afford to go often) where I can let some drama queen-ness out and people are accepting of it.

fixmybrokenmind
02-03-2017, 10:55 AM
This has actually turned into a really insightful thread about everyone's exerpiences. Who would have known

Kirk
02-03-2017, 10:55 AM
This is an open forum where one can express their feelings and opinions without fear from others.

fixmybrokenmind
02-03-2017, 11:03 AM
I meant what I said in a good way

KitKat8
02-03-2017, 03:25 PM
If you want to make light, I have no problem with that. However, the entire purpose of a forum like this is so people can get support. Strategies are great, but calling people "drama queens" is not only demeaning, it's immature.

gypsylee
02-03-2017, 04:22 PM
This has actually turned into a really insightful thread about everyone's exerpiences. Who would have known

I love how that happens :)

gypsylee
02-03-2017, 04:32 PM
If you want to make light, I have no problem with that. However, the entire purpose of a forum like this is so people can get support. Strategies are great, but calling people "drama queens" is not only demeaning, it's immature.

Like I said, I've been here since 2013 and seen PanicCured come back periodically to tell everyone how he's cured and we aren't and blah blah. I distinctly remember him "yelling" at some person because he responded to their post and they didn't say "I'm going to drop everything right this second and do everything you've told me" (even though they did thank him). That to me is more of a drama queen than people who come here saying they feel like killing themselves and need help ASAP.

PanicCured
02-03-2017, 05:32 PM
This is interesting...I have anxiety and I have a severe pulmonary hypertension (elevated pressures in the lungs) progressive rare lung disease resulting from lupus, which has resulted in talks of double lung and heart transplant. This is certainly not a joke for me, and I don't think I am a drama queen, just a person wanting advice on how to cope with this along with a rather uncertain and often negative prognosis. Don't need sympathy, but advice, and yes coping strategies .There has been valuable advice re herbal supplements etc and some wonderful insight from people posting, and I am very thankful.

Ok but clearly I was not minimizing your serious lung and heart problems and your medical conditions. I wish you the best of luck with that.

PanicCured
02-03-2017, 05:33 PM
That wasn't my main purpose when I first came on here, although of course support comes with the territory. my main purpose was to find out how I could get better by asking questions and reading success stories what others did before me. It worked!

PanicCured
02-03-2017, 05:39 PM
Like I said, I've been here since 2013 and seen PanicCured come back periodically to tell everyone how he's cured and we aren't and blah blah. I distinctly remember him "yelling" at some person because he responded to their post and they didn't say "I'm going to drop everything right this second and do everything you've told me" (even though they did thank him). That to me is more of a drama queen than people who come here saying they feel like killing themselves and need help ASAP.

Nice false quotes here. You know the quotation marks are used when you have an actual quote, right? Again, I really couldn't care less about anything you have to say as you offer no benefit here to anyone except snarky remarks and you always try to fight me personally with personal attacks and personal insults. We get it, you hate me and love to fight me and ignore anything I have to say that does benefit people and post false quotes. Not you of course because you know everything already!

So what you will do now, is conjour up more snarky hateful remarks to post next to me and waste everyone's time. What do you do here to help anyone?

PanicCured
02-03-2017, 05:44 PM
Hey Drama Queens,

This post was meant to be funny and shed some light on yourselves. Sometimes we can take ourselves so seriously we forget to take a step back and laugh. I realize that in a heightened anxious state maybe you are so wrapped up in it all you can take things way too seriously because it all seems so serious to you, but I never meant this post to be like that. This was not meant to be an insult to any of you.

The only people I really care to insult are Jessed and Gypsylee because they have launched a 4 year war on me so they know it's coming. The rest of you, this was meant to be a funny post for people to discuss how they need not take anxiety so seriously. Obviously it failed.

I can tell you all to calm down but then people will shout at me how dare I tell you to calm down. I guess you can't win.

So carry on.

Cheers!

gypsylee
02-03-2017, 06:24 PM
The only people I really care to insult are Jessed and Gypsylee because they have launched a 4 year war on me so they know it's coming.

We're starting to think you're about 12yo LOL.

Gemma89
02-04-2017, 07:49 PM
Oh right, I'd never considered not worrying was an option. Thanks for pointing that out. Piss off.

Haha my exact thoughts! It's a disorder like depression is and a rut your brain can get stuck into, just as any other part of your body can get sick! No one would ever 'choose' to have an anxiety disorder or a trauma loop. With me it's been a living nightmare. I do hate to see such ignorance

Kudzu2
02-05-2017, 07:27 PM
I was not trolling. I was trying to present an opportunity to get people to see the lighter side of it all. Support is not the main thing you need, what you need is strategies to get better. Being able to step back and see it's all a big joke, can be a helpful exercise.

Well you come across as very accusatory.

NixonRulz
02-06-2017, 01:27 PM
I haven't been here in quite sometime but I see PaniCured is still doing his thing uniting everyone

martin05
02-06-2017, 03:39 PM
I haven't been here in quite sometime but I see PaniCured is still doing his thing uniting everyone

Quite right, good sir.

We haven't met yet, but I can already tell you're a truly enlightened being.

gypsylee
02-06-2017, 03:45 PM
Quite right, good sir.

We haven't met yet, but I can already tell you're a truly enlightened being.

https://youtu.be/SPyPzs9S6tY

martin05
02-06-2017, 03:47 PM
youtu.be/SPyPzs9S6tY

Why, this is modern day Beethoven!

Dahila
02-06-2017, 07:22 PM
Hey Drama Queens,

This post was meant to be funny and shed some light on yourselves. Sometimes we can take ourselves so seriously we forget to take a step back and laugh. I realize that in a heightened anxious state maybe you are so wrapped up in it all you can take things way too seriously because it all seems so serious to you, but I never meant this post to be like that. This was not meant to be an insult to any of you.

The only people I really care to insult are Jessed and Gypsylee because they have launched a 4 year war on me so they know it's coming. The rest of you, this was meant to be a funny post for people to discuss how they need not take anxiety so seriously. Obviously it failed.

I can tell you all to calm down but then people will shout at me how dare I tell you to calm down. I guess you can't win.

So carry on.

Cheers!

Hi Panic you forgot about me !!!
Hi Nixon, long time not to see .....................YOu are not on FB :((

gypsylee
02-06-2017, 07:56 PM

Yes what about Dahila?? She's been waging war on you for years as well! ;) Not to mention Nixon..

NixonRulz
02-07-2017, 05:28 PM

Hiya, Dahila!

I know I haven't been here or the FB group of us. My apologies

I was out changing the world...someone has to do it, I suppose

I hope you and your soap are doing just swell!

Dahila
02-08-2017, 12:55 PM
I hope so too, it is always a pleasure to see you Nixon. Do not be a stranger, however changing the world requires a lot of time ;) <3

fixmybrokenmind
02-08-2017, 02:02 PM
Look at that, Panic has literally united everyone

gypsylee
02-08-2017, 02:38 PM
Look at that, Panic has literally united everyone

LOL. I was saying to someone yesterday the forum has a good vibe again now PC's disappeared.