PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety at work

Nikizzy
01-31-2017, 07:07 PM
Hello all,

My anxiety at work has been getting worse, and it's getting in the way of my job. I work as Teacher's Assistant at a school. I also have autism, so that might be hindering things too, Here's the deal

I have a lot of anxiety making conversation with the kids in my care. I know, it sounds stupid, but it's true. I'm ok with talking to younger kids, but kid above Kindergarten, I start getting nervous about. I was really quiet when I started, so none of the kids really listen to me, and didn't really talk to most of them. But, I've been there almost 6 months, and I'm still getting anxiety talking to them. I don't like it, at all, I feel like a terrible teacher. I want to treat each kid equally, but that doesn't happen, because I'm nervous to make conversation with them. Now, most of older kids in my care, just... think weirdly of me, and tend to just get the "look.:. I really do want to form a relationship with them, and talk to them, but 1.) I'm afraid it's way too late for that 2.) I don't know if my anxiety will take control.

I came here for advice. I don't know what to do. This has really been stressing me out.

fixmybrokenmind
02-01-2017, 12:51 AM
hmm...my job used to make my anxiety through the roof but thankfully I got out of it. It doesn't look like that is an option for you. Have you considered speaking to a therapist by any chance?