PDA

View Full Version : I just need to know

igotpocketz
01-24-2017, 09:41 AM
I have had anxiety attacks in the past that have lasted for around 2 to 4 weeks. They are typically about my eyes. I have a fear of going blind and I have a degenerative eye disease that causes my eyes to act up every once in while. While my eyes are acting up I literally can't thing of anything else from the moment I wake up. The only way I cope with this is by either watching T.V or spending time with my now ex-fiance. She always had the ability to calm me and make me forget about my issues and eventually I would forget about the issue and return to my normal thinking. Now about 3 months after my ex-fiance and I split I am having an anxiety attack. It started pretty simple. I was slightly worried about my relationship with my new girlfriend, I moved into an apartment by myself and I had small anxieties about all of that. I started getting sad when I was alone for long periods of time but was able to distract myself by going out with friends and stuff. Everyday it got a little worse. I now from wake to sleep am thinking about how I can't be happy and how this feels so bad. My anxieties are no longer about being alone in this apartment or my girlfriend but rather a constant fear that I can never have my thoughts back or that medication won't work. It is literally like I'm trapped in the worst constant fear. I know it is because I kept thinking about my anxiety and how it was going to get worse but now I have a constant feeling in my chest that won't go away. My heart feels heavy and feels erratic. I keep thinking that this might never go away, or how I don't feel like I can keep doing it. I am terrified that I can't fix it. When the focus was my eyes, I was able to keep living my life while just thinking about my eyes and I was able to distract myself. I met with my ex-fiance yesterday because she still cares about me and knows I am not doing well, and while I still had the thoughts to some degree, I didn't feel like I was dying or that this would never go away while I was with her. I have lost interest in all of my normal activities and I feel like I will never be able to think normally ever again. Has anyone had this type of anxiety or gone through something similar. I went to the ER so that I could possibly get some immediate help. They gave me vistaril which hasn't really helped. I meet with a psychiatrist tomorrow and am praying that she can give me something to take the edge off while also giving me something that should help long-term. Has anyone dealt with anything similar or have any input?

gypsylee
01-24-2017, 12:32 PM
Hi and welcome :)

Yeah I can relate 100% to this and I would say it's one of anxiety's biggest "games" - making you feel like you will never get better.. Which makes you more anxious and more self-conscious.. It becomes this awful vicious cycle and you get to the point where you'd do anything to make it stop. "Praying that she can give me something to take the edge off.." - that sums it up pretty well and is why I'm an ex-alcoholic.

I hope you get some help.. I can assure you that you WILL feel better but it takes time.

All the best,
Gypsy x