PDA

View Full Version : what do you do when you HAVE an incurable illness and severe anxiety?

barbimay
01-19-2017, 09:50 PM
How do you handle anxiety when you actually have an incurable progressive illness? Especially when treatment for the illness makes it worse? Any words of wisdom from anyone? Ideas? Even hypothetically, how do some of you think you would be in this situation? Feeling quite overwhelmed at the moment.
Cheers
Barbara

Nicolette
01-28-2017, 07:09 PM
Mindfulness may be effective. It's been shown to reduce the effects of pain and calm the mind.

If it's something your doctor wouldn't mind you doing, I can send you an e-book that might help. Or you could probably find a class where you live.

Spider666
01-29-2017, 02:41 AM
Just being in the now a la Eckhart Tolle would probably be the only solution for me. If it can be done? Not sure...

barbimay
01-31-2017, 04:46 AM
Thank you Nicolette. I will look into it. How can.I get the ebook?

barbimay
01-31-2017, 05:09 AM
Thanks spider..
I will try.☺

Spider666
01-31-2017, 05:11 AM
Another great book on this topic that might help you is The Untethered Soul by Michael A. Singer. You can also find great stuff by both him and Eckhart Tolle on Youtube. Sorry for not being able to help you in other ways than recommending different books on the topic. But I should say that these books have helped me a lot throughout the years, although I don't suffer from an incurable illness. At least not that I know of...