PDA

View Full Version : Please help. Scary symptom.

Rainonme
01-17-2017, 04:42 PM
I was watching something on Youtube where the person was speaking directly to the camera, and then half way threw it, I got all nervous and thought he was looking specifically at me. This made me very anxious so I closed the window and went on Facebook. Then, while on Facebook there was an ad with a female, and again, it made me nervous thinking she was looking at me, so I had to distract myself away from that.

I do suffer from anxiety and some ocd. I was wondering if anyone else has this as a symptom or is this something else not related to anxiety ?

gypsylee
01-17-2017, 05:40 PM
That is pretty creepy. Stress can do weird things though and as long as they don't start specifically talking to you then yeah it can be put down to anxiety. I've known people with schizophrenia who think people on the TV are talking directly to them.. That's when things get weird.

Kirk
01-18-2017, 09:25 AM
Welcome to the forum. You could discuss your feelings with your physician and see the response you receive.

DizzyPixie
01-18-2017, 05:03 PM
Well, it could be OCD, since you are here, you know it's an irrational fear. People with schizophrenia, if I'm not mistaken, firmly believe what they think. People with OCD, on the other hand, are often afraid of their thoughts. I've been there, sure, I remember going to a psychiatrist so afraid I was psychotic, because of very similar thoughts (maybe worse) and she told me I had an anxiety disorder. But as everybody suggested, I'd speak to a psychologist or psychiatrist to get some help. Not necessarily because it's something serious, but because it's giving you a hard time.